Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coiling for Gong

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most fantabulous news!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for Ging!!!!!!!! I'm a little teary I'm so happy and relieved for her...
    Thanks Trish for posting - I can now go off to uni this morning knowing that Ging is safe...
    :o:o:o Wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :o:o:o
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Community Member

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear from Ging!!! :) Thanks, Trish for letting us know
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

Another update on Ging

She is still in ICU and apparently very very sore and swollen with a bit of vision trouble. So they are monitoring her and keeping a close watch.

She is happy and laughing and so glad to be Coiled though!

With a bit of luck ~ they may let her escape home today.

I passed on everyone's Congrats and love to her.........and that she rocks!:o
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Ging

Wishing you the very best in your recovery. I hope it is a speedy one, but we all know it is One Day At A Time. You know to get your rest,more rest, and do things slowly...And soon you shall be back to the young Ging we all know and love.(sorry for not posting sooner ,but had to figure this new forum out..LOL..(ya'll know guys are slow learners anyway)(smiling)

Can't wait to see you on here

Jiimy C

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Thank you Jimmy, still tired and vision problems. Thanks for the support and it meant a lot to my family to read the
    Well wishes for their mom. They meant so very much to me, I hope to be back to post regular in a few days.thank so much for you kind words,my heart smiles :) GING

Thumbs up Yippee!

So glad to hear you're doing well. Sorry about the 2nd stent though. How many coils were inserted, or did I miss that in an earlier post? Hang in there, take it easy and welcome to the Stent and Additional Coils Club.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
    Heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Thanks Heidi, I am slowon the recovery, I had a little stroke and it messed with my vision,it is getting better everyday now.I have the biggest hematoma, waist to the knees , and all points in-between,sore doesn't even begin to describe how sore I am. Myannie was shapped like a loaf of bread, so it was seven coils, I tho kit will come back to me later as I reenter the world of the conscious and semi mobil. Two stents ,the first one that was put in five years ago, no longer covered the wide neck, so in he went with the second one,now they are in the shape of a Y , last night was very bad at home and I am hoping tonight will be good, I so much thank you all for you support and prayers, good thoughts and continued post of well wishes. This is where we come , we know we will have just what we need to get back on track :) hugs to you all, you are the best , GING

Community Member

Ging. So glad to hear all went well. Take it easy and rest. Been thinking about you. Take care, Shelly
    Shelly

Okay, I am slipping into a deep depression, I have been bleeding for two weeks, I have done everything I have been told to do, pressure on the wound, stay off my feet.So now I am still seeping blood. Just a little at a time but enough to have to keep changing the gauze,they can't do a stitch I was told this late after surgery. I am a heavy lady with more than my share of "rolls and muffin buldge" so has anyone else had ant problems getting the bleeding to stop? I went back to ER on Monday , they Rebandaged and said to leave it a lone for a couple of days.to only change it if it seeped through, it did this morning and I changed it. It isn't artery bleeding, it is a slit(cut) that is in the crease of the leg torso connection . Anyone have any ideas? I am almost ready to just lay down and stop fighting. Ideas are welcome, sorry to be so down on you , but I can't seem to laugh my way through this :( GING
    Last edited by Ging; 09-22-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Call your personal Doctor Ging. That is ridiculous!!!
    I am sure it's the Plavix and Aspirin playing havoc with your healing time.
    At least get a call registered into your personal Dr and back to the IR office as well.
    If you don't tell them then they don't know.
    Hang in there kiddo - as you know my artery hemmoraghed right after my coiling from them giving me drugs no one knew I was allergic to.
    I bled real bad.
    I sat on hot wet towels for almost a month to break up all the blood that was in my tummy and down my legs - what a mess I was too.
    My head was fine - it was all about the groin artery!
    Yeeeeesh - poor you - just not a fun thing to go thru and your body is so tired and so must you be.

I hope this eases up soon Ging - but don't be the brave and nice and sweet soldier you always are - call and raise hell!
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast