Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coiling for Gong

Ging,
    I have been away from here for a long time and it is so good to see ppl are still here. I am glad to see that the doctors are going to try and they will, as you sweet ging have the ultimate surgeon as well as an excellent doctor that you have chosen.
    So while you have these days, go get your mani/pedi, some new comfy cloths to recover in, get your hair done, and color as well. Visit with your family and friends and giggle as often as you can, and when that fails ask for more xanax.........that is what i did. All of that kept me busy while i waited to get blood thinners out of system.
    Funny to, those weeks they were showing the movie over and over, ....Legands of the Fall .....so a young Brad Pitt playing Tristan was just what i needed.
    lean on your ppl.

blessings,
    jane

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Jane, so so happy to hear from you , I have written to you , but it has been a while, so much has gone on here for me, I think of you often and I will be A TGen.
    Scared, but you know that,... I hope you are doing okay, I would see an occasional post and saw where you had been in and out of the hospital, Honey I hope you are better, I have a week from tomorrow, tic tic tic, so I am getting my room all ready. Thank you so much for posting, I miss you Honey. Hugs Ging :)

Community Member

Smile Sending positive vibes!!!

Hi Ging!
    Have been reading your updates- and you sound like you are absolutely ready to get to that hospital and get the surgery started.
    Hopefully it will make a huge difference to your health and brighten your life.
    I'll be thinking of you during the next few weeks- please keep us updated when you can.
    Warmest wishes
    Trace x

Okay, here I am trying to teach myself to breath .
    I started the plavix today for Thursdays surgery. I feel like my mind is running like one of those little hamsters on the excercise wheel.:
    I am thinking I have so much I need to do, but really don't , but I guess if I think it, I am really telling myself "I'm not ready !"
    It is odd that I have tried my best to be comforting to others on here and thinking I was done and would never have to listen to my own advice. Now here I am Jello, and soon I will be a four hundred pound glob of jello. It seems all my supporters here want to feed me comfort food ! I just might have to get duct tape to hold back that belly so they can find that all important artery they need! Gee and me being adheasive sensitive.
    I have had a couple of panic attacks already and probably need something more than a .05 mg of ativan, I may even have to chase it with a little fruit of the vine, !
    I guess this will all fall into place once I get to the hospital and they start their busy work on me, then it is just a matter of waiting for the next needle or blood work before they get started. I will have two of my three sons here, my husband,
    and my adopted brother , who will whisper the words from the movie "the Help" in my ear, I am kind, I am smart, I am important, he is so cute to cheer me like that, I loved the movie, saw it twice.
    My youngest wanted a date night with his mom, he chose the movie and the resturant for dinner, I felt special. Oh well I am rambling, I hope I didn't bore too much, I was just needing to write some of the happenings of my last few days. I have a busy next couple so I won't be on here much, but good luck to all who are going for check ups or having procedures. Don, Will, I hope you are still making great strides in your recovery ..
    Julie I have had you in my thoughts everyday since your post, I pray you are recovering well, I know the excerises they give
    are painful , but necessary to regain full range of motion. Take good care all and thanks for thinking of me and sending your good thoughts up for me, Hugs and love to you all, Ging

Breathe Ging Breathe! :o

You are doing well I can see and keeping busy as a bee...even on the annoying Plavix. That stuff just makes you bruise all over the body.

Can't have you showing up for your coiling looking like you were in a brawl

You just follow that good advice you give - you know - where you tell folks that the Coiling Dude absolutley can do this with his eyes closed as he does these coilings so frequently and all successfully!

To us it's such an enormous event and to these IR's - well of course they take it serious and of course they are concerned all the way - but it's what they do and do and do! So you are in good hands Ging.

I just hate to think of you turning into jello! I think you would be a bright yellow jello though if you were jello... as you are always so sunny and cheerful. Yessss a bright sparkly yellow!

You hang in there Kiddo and you know we are rooting for you and you are in all our thoughts all the time.

I am just getting my bag packed now and ready to go so I'm not late getting on the cheerleader bus bright and early on the 8th! You know we will all be there in spirit with you cheering you on and bringing lots of good healing light. Wear your sunglasses ! it's going to be bright in there!
    :o

My best to you Ging!
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 09-05-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Thanks for the boost of confidence Trish, I will leave word at the check in desk that my very important family of
    aneurysm supporters will be trailing in so to be sure and send you all to my operating room!, I am ready, I decided to diet until I report, better late than never right! Trish I am so glad you see be being a beautiful yellow, I never could see me being blue food, I know blueberries are good for you but blue jello just doesn't work for me,.Sunny yellow is good !
    I will be looking for you

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Hi Ging,

It's Thursday morning here which means that it's Wednesday evening where you are. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts, as always. I hope you are doing ok, and have some peace within, having a lovely meal with your family. Remember that you are strong, and you will get through this. Have faith in yourself and in your doctor. I will be there with you, holding your hand through this, stroking your brow when the anxiety gets too strong...Do you know what time your surgery is scheduled for? I hope you are laughing lots, surrounded by those you love tonight...remember to breathe.

Sending you lots of love and hugs from across the waters. See you on the other side of your surgery!! Yay!!!

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

Thanks Nat, my surgery is set for about 8 am eastern time zone, I am ready and I know you all are with me, I will take those peaceful breaths and wrap that wonderful light around me to keep me snug and content while the surgeon does his magic, hugs Honey

We will all be going with you Ging - you know that! Nothing like your own comfort team of BT Angels - one should never have a procedure without us :angel:

Sending tons of good thoughts and love Ging girl - and we shall look for you on the recovery side and hear all about your Coiling adventure.

We want the nitty gritty!

My best to you and biggest hugs. A very special thought to your IR and all the nurses too.
    Tropical Trish

Wink Ging is Coiled !!!

Trish here ~~~posting for Ging.

Ginger is out of surgery and her IR says everything went well!!! :o:o:o:o:o

The family have not see her yet

She is still in first recovery and I do not know how many coils - I will wait and let Ging post herself when she is home and up to sharing her fabulous news.

Her son did say they added a 2nd stent and it was a very long procedure.

They are keeping a close eye on her now.

Ohhhhhhhhhh such great news! Way to go Ging! I am hap~ hap~ happy for you!
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 09-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Tropical Trish

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast