Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coiling for Gong

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Default Coiling for Gong

Okay .... it's Ging not Gong ,(typo) my coiling is just a few weeks away and I am trying to stay calm and breath and pray that the problems I had the last time they attempted to coil don't happen a gain.
    It is funny , I accepted what the Doctors told me that nothing else could be done, now I am facing that old aneurysm monster that has been ruling my life for these last five years.now I have the what if's, like everyone on this forum has had! After all these years and I feel like I have just been newly diagnosed
    I have until September 8th to get my head straight and shake the Willie billies away wish me luck :)
    Last edited by Ging; 08-19-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: to many typos and I did not put on My glasses, and no coffee !!

That should be GING in the thread, I forgot to put my glasses on...oh well it begins

Hey Gong - I mean Ging :) I love typos!!!

You do know better than to get the Willies and the Heebie Jeebies - but how can one NOT get nervous about any procedure!!!???

You got to be superwoman or man to not get a little jittery!

But you know the ol story and same ol same ol advice we give all of each other ~ get busy at getting healthy and setting up your nest!

I love that word nest - but you can use Control Center if it fits your personality more

Lots of long walks and hot soaks and all the pampering your wallet will handle Ging - new Jammies too! Love love love new jammies!

Of course a bell so all your servants hear you when you need another iced tea or some nibblies ......hee hee......

Focus on you and the family and look forward to the positive recovery side of your Ane - you poor soul you have been SO darn brave waiting
    and waiting and waiting for Coiling!

At least they have the stent done so that's now out of the way! Of course you will just fly through this Ging - you are a strong woman!

And you know you are not going alone - we we will all be comming enmasse and hold your hand and make sure the nurses bring your warm blankeys and socks.

You know - we really should have a BRAIN TALK procedure room where we get the best IR"s and surgeons at half the price and lots of chairs for our cheering team!
    :p
    Stay busy Ging!
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Thanks Trish, I am already gathering jammies and recording my favorite shows so I can sleep through them Again,That's what I do best, I like the background noise :) as I get closer to the date, I am sure I will need a boost of courage from you all, but for now, I am feeling strong ...well sorta strong :)

Community Member

Don't you love DVR's? :) I know that it is extremely hard, but try to relax and it sounds like you are preparing well! You know that we are here for encouragement and to send out our prayers and warm blankies your way--lol! What is the exact date of your procedure? I need to make me a little BT calendar so I can keep track of things ;)
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

September 8th, and they will do a angio/ coiling all at the same time, it saves me a step and an extra round of probing!
    Thanks for the good wishes and the promise of those warm blankies and prayers, I gladly accept them all :)
    Hugs and thanks, GING

Default Back in the Saddle

Hi there Trish, Gong, Scandacie and et al.

I think I found my way back as well. It will be a little rough to relearn the system but as Trish mentioned it may turn out to be much better. We trust it will. I am healpin my best friend deal with early dimentia and serious depression (suicidal ideation). I have been very busy with him every day so I will not be as active here until I can get him into an assisted living center. He has no family in our area or any one to help guide him through this process. He is 59 years old and from Spain. He speaks and understands a little english but he needs help keeping appoinments and paper work straight. This proces is very grueling a lot of hoops to jump through, misunderstandings with providers and agencies. I have to be there with him even at his doctors appointments.

Ging, hang in there girlfriend. The hebbie jeebies are only natural as you very well know. You have helped some of us through them. We'll be there for you. Remember that the state of the art and experience in the field of coiling has advanced in the last five years. They would not be attempting to coli your annie if it was not possible or indicated. You will do just fine. Just try to think about life without the worry of a time bomb in your head. It is wonderful to not even think about my aneuyrsm any more.

Best wishes to all "I'll be back" soon.

don

Yay Don, so happy you made your way back here.Thanks for your wise words and I am very happy you are not having
    The aneurysm worry any more.I am so blessed to have the support of this forum , you are good people and doing
    a wonderful thing helping your friend. GING

Default Hey!

Hi Ging,

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I KNOW exactly how you're feeling unfortunately, as do many here so you already know you're not alone and we'll all be there with you in spirit and light. You've always been such a comfort to me, so I only hope I can do you're support justice.

I supposed the ONLY good thing about knowing what's coming is preparing right? I did the same thing. Got DVDs and set up DVR programs because I knew I'd just be a bump on a log for a few days while I recovered. Everything will be fine....been there, done that right?

Glad Brain Talk is back up and running.....need to find my way around again!

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
    Hodi (oops...Heidi ;-)
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Heidi, you are so much fun,you make me smile at my self. Honey, I am just like everyone on here, even though I had an attempted coiling before and complications , I will go forward with this and hope I come through without any problems, hey they might even fix my speller ! Tee he :) I am ready!
    Hey do any of you remember Viper?( Tony) he is having the bone section sanded that they had to remove during his clipping, he is on Facebook and is going in for round three!, I guess they need to try and get him a better fit now that the swelling has gone down,
    Thank you so much for your post Heidi, it means so much to be remembered! (((hugs to you as well)))) GING :):)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast