Thread: I can't find information

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default I can't find information

This is more a medical question. I think I have a knot in the back, I have pain & my DD looked & said "that's a knot. I know it involves musscles but really....what's a knot? Some stuff leads me to beleave you have it forever. Can massage help with the pain?But another site said that with lots of massage it can be massaged out. Do you just go to your GP or maybe a chiropractor (I tied this one chiropractor for my back but, accualy,she said I had a knot & pressed & I heard/felt a little pop. Shortly after, that area started hurting. Can it be fixed & how? (I titled this "I can't find any information" because each page I went to, just
    sent me to another.) Thanks
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Lor, I think the knot can go away. Have you tried going and getting a massage? I would think that they could help you with that.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member

so glad idecided to check back once more. i was hoping your knot was gone by n ow. i was going to tell you that after a chiro visit, t will HURT if they put something back in place. stands to reason. it use to me anyway.

but i'd vote for getting a massage if you could. sure couldn't hurt all over is what i'm thinking. i sure wish i had insurance that would pay for a massage cause i hurt sooo bad. btw Donna is not better and her dear mother-in-law died. just what i get for saying once that i hoped the ugly father-in-law would go first.. should never have said that but he is so unappreciative of anything. the mil wasn't. she had surgery and died during it. more to that story but i'm not goning to say anything exept i feel bad for the family. bad.

Community Member

I have a sort of permanent knot in my lower back where I have a slight scoliosis curvature. Massage helps, but tell them to start gentle! One lady tried to get the whole lifetime of knot out at once, felt like I got kicked by a very mean horse! And acupuncture also helps me.

Hope it helps, and you can get relief!
    Leo
    Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

I go to Dr. tomorrow. I'll see what he says.
    Lorraine (lor)

Blog Entries

Way back when, my soccer coach gave us some good information to help prevent cramps and muscle knots (which he said where basically the same thing). Stay hydrated (drink water), and make sure you eat plenty of bananas (for potassium) and drink milk (for calcium) and stay away from sodas and other sugary drinks.

With regards to current knots, massaging them away is best (i.m.o.) with multiple short massages throughout a period of a few days (vs a hour long massage although those are heaven ). Sometimes you don't need a massage, but just apply pressure (pushing) on the knot for 10 to 15 seconds every few minutes works as well.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

You can also go to the doctor and get a trigger point shot. The doctor gives you a injection of a little steroid and maybe some lidocaine but my doctor told me that just the act of putting the needle into the knot can actually release it. You can also get a body cane which allows you to put pointed pressure on the knot and can also release it.

Pat

It feels better there but my sholder hurts when I put pessure on it when laying down.
    Lorraine (lor)