A New Kidney for Amelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Kidney for Amelia

Chrissy Rivera, Mother of 3 year old Amelia, announced yesterday that Amelia has been approved officially to receive a kidney transplant. Chrissy will donate her kidney to her daughter.

Chrissy's statement can be found here:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

In New Jersey, a bill, which would prevent discrimination against persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities, who are in need of an organ transplant, was moved to the Senate floor:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

What a major victory for Amelia and her family and for children with special needs and their families!

Chrissy Rivera is a pioneer and a champion in our global community. She utilized the internet effectively to initiate discussion and communication, and that caused change. She made a loud noise over the din of the dizzying traumas and dramas, which envelop our world, and she was heard. Thousands of voices joined hers, and in unison, they were heard.

Silence is our greatest enemy. If we don't speak up, no one will pay any attention to us. If we don't fight, no one else will.

Chrissy Rivera has just proven this to be true.

With gratitude and admiration, and prayers for a successful transplant surgery and recovery for Amelia and Chrissy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

I am happy to hear this. It is so unfair that people who have intellectual disabilities are sometimes not allowed transplants because of their disability.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-10-2012, 06:15 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Thank you for sharing, Rose! Wonderful news and a testament to love and determination to do the right thing. Bless the family.
      Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
      Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

Working...
      X