Thread: urgent advice needed plz!!

Exclamation urgent advice needed plz!!

hello i am 25 years old and was diagnosed with hydrochephalus at the age of 12.

i have had 2 operations due to a blockage and to have shunt repositioned.

recently i have been havin episodes of what can only be described as "out of body experiences" as if im dreaming but im fully awake. when these episodes happen i am unable to communicate with others i sort of go "into my own world" so to speak.

if any1 has ne advice then please leave a message

thanx laura
    xx

Community Member

Have you had any history of having seizures? If so then you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. This sounds to me like a seizure

what is a seizure? and am i in any danger? please help!! this is very worrying as its happening everyday on numorous occasions. i could be sitting down watchin tv and then it happens. i can feel it coming cuz i say 2 my mom my heads going funny agen n then nxt minute im just staring in2 space.very weird!!

thanx 4 ur help xx

Community Member

A seizure is where you have sudden, abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Have you talked to your neurologist about these spells that you are having? If not, you should. He will probably send you to a doctor that specializes in Epilepsy. He will probably have you do an EEG. This is where they hook up electrodes to your scalp and it monitors your brain activity. You can either do one where you stay overnight, where they study your brain activity when you sleep, or where they hook up the electrodes and you go home or 24 hours and wear it around during your day, to monitor if you are having a seizure during the day and how frequent they are. Again, if you have not talked to your neurologist, you should.

thank u for ur help i will definetly c my doctor following ur advice. thank u soo much by the way
    xx

Community Member

I sent you a private message

Laura, I responded to your post on the epilepsy board.

LIZARD :)
    LIZ in Li'l Rhody; hydrocephalus dx'ed at 3 weeks old. No shunt surgery in 32 years! Epilepsy well-controlled and autoimmune issues being worked on. Mom to Caren, 21, successful ablation 4/18/07 for WPW; and Andrew, 18 (autism dx'ed at 2 1/2, 13 mm ACM dx'ed at 5 1/2, no surgery, doing awesome!!) Wife of 22 years to Don...and friend to Gina. RIP. 9/5/66-10/22/07 :(

http://s.excoboard.com/Livingwithhyd..._Gina_Libonate
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/autism-chiari/