Paralympic Cerebral Palsy soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paralympic Cerebral Palsy soccer

I thought this would be inspiring to some of the parents here. I found this video the other day about how people with CP play soccer in the Paralympics: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... These players with CP have the more "mild" form so they run around like able bodied soccer players. I have a type of CP similar to what they have so it was particularly cool for me to see them play this way. I noticed they have good control of their lower limps so I wonder if the olympic training doubles as physical therapy in a way. Certainly proves people with CP can do whatever we want if we are willing to put the effort in.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

((((((funnylegs4))))))

Wow! Those guys are really good! Very cool and inspiring.

You're so right about making an effort ~ nothing worthwhile is ever accomplished without effort.

And you are living proof of that, my friend!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
      ((((((funnylegs4))))))

Wow! Those guys are really good! Very cool and inspiring.

You're so right about making an effort ~ nothing worthwhile is ever accomplished without effort.

And you are living proof of that, my friend!

Love & Light,

Rose
      THANK YOU! You just totally made my day! Sometimes people don't seem to realize the effort it takes to move the way I do so it's nice to have some encouragement. :)
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

((((((funnylegs4))))))

I'm glad I made your day!

I do understand, as my boys' mom, the effort involved in moving. To some extent, I also understand the challenges of living independently, and I admire and respect you for all of the ways you "move" in your life.

People, who don't get that, just need to be educated. I think you're a great teacher!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
        X