Thread: Paralympic Cerebral Palsy soccer

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Paralympic Cerebral Palsy soccer

I thought this would be inspiring to some of the parents here. I found this video the other day about how people with CP play soccer in the Paralympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukGJbzIlXk These players with CP have the more "mild" form so they run around like able bodied soccer players. I have a type of CP similar to what they have so it was particularly cool for me to see them play this way. I noticed they have good control of their lower limps so I wonder if the olympic training doubles as physical therapy in a way. Certainly proves people with CP can do whatever we want if we are willing to put the effort in.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4))))))

Wow! Those guys are really good! Very cool and inspiring.

You're so right about making an effort ~ nothing worthwhile is ever accomplished without effort.

And you are living proof of that, my friend!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4))))))

Wow! Those guys are really good! Very cool and inspiring.

You're so right about making an effort ~ nothing worthwhile is ever accomplished without effort.

And you are living proof of that, my friend!

Love & Light,

Rose
    THANK YOU! You just totally made my day! Sometimes people don't seem to realize the effort it takes to move the way I do so it's nice to have some encouragement. :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4))))))

I'm glad I made your day!

I do understand, as my boys' mom, the effort involved in moving. To some extent, I also understand the challenges of living independently, and I admire and respect you for all of the ways you "move" in your life.

People, who don't get that, just need to be educated. I think you're a great teacher!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.