Thread: 5 year celebration

Default 5 year celebration

Hi guys,

This is me - Serenia (I used to be serenia_saissa but had to re-register coz yahoo is screwing me around on the p/w and email issue. Not sure why).

Anyway I just wanted to say that TODAY is my 5 year anniversary since my craniotomy for a colloid cyst of the 3rd ventricle.

My family has since been hit with 2 further serious medical issues that I am having to deal with.

The economy (thanks to Bush and Obama) means I have not worked at all since my craniotomy.

I spent 1 year recovering - and looking for a job, I then spent 1 year back in school getting a diploma to be an admin assistant, 1 year looking for another job and the last 2 years not looking because I was dealing with new medical issues.

I mentioned a while ago that I was wanting to write a book. I have not yet done that BUT I have written an article on my colloid cyst experience. You can all read it here.
    http://www.*******.com/colloid-cyst
    BUT you cannot comment unless you are a member of ******* - its free to register and make pages (or lenses as they are called).

As for the other 2 medical issues. Well I have been diagnosed with Graves disease - I have a hyperactive thyroid.
    My 10 year old son has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.

I don't know if or when I will be back here - but I hope everyone else is doing well.

Ok so you cant read it. THat sucks... PM me if you want me to send you the url.

New Community Member

Congrats Serenia on the 5 year annivesary, I've also not been on here for some time, but am now approaching my 2 year anniversary post surgery.

All has gone well since my craniotomy, I've had two follow up MRIs since my surgery and all fine, there is still some of my cyst left but it's not grown or changed, so that's great. I've also delayed my next visit and scan until next year as I'm pregnant with my first child, 28 weeks and due 3 December 2012, all is going well with the pregnancy. My husband and I are so excited and happy. Can't wait to be a mother. I'm so happy I had my surgery when I did, gave me the chance to move on with the rest of my life. I have my fingers crossed that the cyst will never change and all will continue to go well. Good luck to everyone :-)