Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ALL emails have been disabled for now

Ok it almost works The unsubscribe function itself works, but the link isn't being placed into the emails yet.

Blog Entries

Well right now that's ok because I decided to change some of the language behind it. We (me myself (testuser1) and I) will test this again a little later
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member

I wonder about those reports.
    Perhaps only the email address they come from and not the content is seen by the watchdogs.
    Also I don't always check my spam folder and supposedly it's automatically emptied from time to time. Perhaps that's reported? By the way I don't remember getting birthday greetings this year (February) though I have in the past.

Community Member

Talking

Nice conversation you're having with yourself there, Mike.
    Last edited by Sparky10; 07-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice conversation you're having with yourself there, Mike.
    I've had better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post
    I wonder about those reports. Perhaps only the email address they come from and not the content is seen by the watchdogs. Also I don't always check my spam folder and supposedly it's automatically emptied from time to time. Perhaps that's reported? By the way I don't remember getting birthday greetings this year (February) though I have in the past.
    I don't know if they look at the context of the email, or if all they get when an address is reported is the address and other header information. With regards to your birthday email, I can not check to see if past emails got sent out :( You could always change the date in your profile if you wanted to get another one

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by testuser1 View Post
    I've had better
    That's funny this is the first time I recall ever having a conversation with you

P.S. ok so while I was fiddling around with this email stuff, it looks like I borked up something with the smilies :( If you click on more you get an error message and get sent to the index (Home) page XD I'll figure that out later.

EDIT: fixed smilie page issue
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 07-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Step 1 - log in

Blog Entries

Man I can't wait to get this monkey off my back, should be ready in a couple of hours unless I make a funky typo or use the wrong language (again ).

Step 1 - log in

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weins View Post
    That's funny this is the first time I recall ever having a conversation with you

Perhaps this entire conversation is just a bad dream :p

Blog Entries

Well it could be worse, I could be naked

Step 1 - log in

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast