Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT July Chit Chat

I almost forgot,, like,, I always forget. hi everyone,,

Hot, humid, and just plain yuck,,:-(,, we need a good soaking rain,,{ Peg, everyone needs one too, so quit whining}

Garden is finally producing some great tomatoes, cabbages, zucchinni

Princess Sam {Nora named her this}. is adjusting nicely, but the cats still freak her out,, as the horses ,,but she is a little shy bout somethings, but getting braver,,

so thats my news,, your turn,,

l525687_347376671987806_100001464291466_1017345_126555516_a.jpg Eleanore Grace our granddaughter she is 7 yrs old

later
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 07-01-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know you're used to soldiering on through the heat there, Peg, but hope you can rest and take it easy sometimes, just to cool off. Eleanore Grace looks really grown up!

Can't be!

Tomorrow with luck I'll be able to go off this soft diet I've been on for the last month because of more dental work. I'm looking forward to lettuce and celery and even popcorn.

Hope nobody has been hit hard by the storms and hurricanes I've been hearing about.

The fireworks are already going off around here, and the animals don't like the noise. Every time there's a BANG, there's a chorus of barking all over the neighborhood as the dogs react.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks for remembering Peg. You guys believe in having pretty girls don't you? She is precious.

Wish I lived where I could have another dog. I miss that.

Agate, you mean they are celebrating already. It is only the 1st. Don't they know July 4th is Wednesday!!!!

It's been hot as hades here. It has been getting up to 105 for the past three days. Not sure about today. It was supposed to be that hot, but
    we had a little thunderstorm, with a little hail that went through about an hour ago. Will not stick my head out to see if it cooled things off
    any. I guess that means that the heat index would have been around 115 degrees.

I hope all of you have a good July. I have wondered about Jeanie. Don't think her part of Florida has been flooded, but I am not sure exactly
    where she is.

Let's just hope all our air conditioning units hold out if what we have seen here the end of June continues on into the summer. Mine is heat pump
    and is 19 years old. I just hope when it goes it is in the Spring or Fall and not weather like this.

Did not go to the Farmer's market yesterday. First time I haven't been in 4 weeks. No way could I go out there and walk in this heat.

Ann, Cherie, Howie, Jeanie, Gabriella, Gary, Sally, Renee and all others - it is check in time.

Virginia
    Last edited by Virginia; 07-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member

TA DA and here is Gary checking in!!

Virginia 105?!?! that and the humility it must be miserable. We have not hit 100 degrees yet this year we normally get about 4 or 5 days during the summer that hit 100 but in 2003 we had 20 days that were 100 everyday. The one big difference is it almost never gets over 15% humility. When it occasionally gets to 30% we all melt.

Our garden is coming along no tomatoes yet but judging by the amount of fruit that is already set we will have A LOT of them. Daughter and SIL and grandson came by for brunch and grandson had to gather eggs and pick radishes that is all that is ready although he did want to dig up the potatoes and carrots to see they were ready yet.

Been doing okay as long as I stay out of the heat. Sometimes it sure gets boring you can only watch some much TV .

Okay everybody else check-in time.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Well David has been in Virginia for 34 days now. I really miss him. He has a MRI on the 9th and the lady on the transplant team wants him to stop and meet her after the MRI. He told her in an email that he lives in Florida and it is costing him a lot to stay in Virginia but it will be worth it if they do something medically to help with his cancer.

He is looking forward to meeting her and stressing the importance of time. He has an appointment with the liver doctor on the 24th. He is hoping they will do a lobectomy and remove the cancerous right lobe and put him on the transplant waiting list.

The heat there has been well over 100 for days and strong winds and rain. He had to put his awning down and it is still down. He said the days are very long and he is watching a lot of DVD movies to kill time.

Virginia I am in WPB, FL and we have had a lot of rain but no flooding in my area. My house is fairly high compared to the street. Our temps have been over 100 and in the 90's mostly with 70 to 80% humidity. I am staying in the AC.

The cleaning lady never showed up or called. My friend found me another one and I have her phone number. My hot water heater got a leak and two huge black men showed up at 7:30 at night to fix it and I felt very vulnerable in my scooter. They were from Jamaica and were very nice. They had to replace the water intake valve. David could have done it for the cost of the valve but I paid $150. for the job. They also wanted some of the mangoes off my tree and picked a bag of them.

I am sick of TV dinners. Not only do I miss David but I miss his great cooking. My son has been over to do the trash and recycle. He also vacuumed and mopped and mowed the yard and changed the linens. Hopefully the cleaning lady can do the linens, vacuuming and mopping and Andy will only have to do the yard and trash. Thank you everyone for your prayers and being here. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Haven't been here much lately. Daughter was down for a weekend visit which turned into almost a week long visit, due to car problems. She brought her new dog, Dahlia, a 7 month old Newfoundland, for us to meet. Beautiful big dog, but she does not like raccoons! She almost threw herself through the sliding glass door when she saw one come up on the deck. We decided it best to keep the blinds closed! Needless to say, my cats were happy to see her go.
    It was great to see my daughter. I really miss her and don't get to see her much since she lives 8 hours away.

Gary, I did not know that skunks go after chickens and their eggs. We have fox around. They must have a den and possibly some young, down the slope by the creek. We hear it every night making it's bark/howl sound. I grew up near foothills so am familiar with the sound of coyotes howling and yipping and we hear them here from time to time too, but the fox sound is very different.
    We seem to be getting more and more wildlife these days . . . deer, quail, raccoons, turkey, jackrabbits, owls, even roadrunners! I would love to have chickens, but between the fox, hawks, owls, raccoons, possum, and dogs, they wouldn't have a chance unless they were enclosed 24/7.

Weather has been hot here, but not as bad as the eastern half of the US. Keep cool everyone.
    Last edited by nuthatch; 07-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Cool

Eleanore Grace sure is a pretty litle girl, looks like me when I was her age.

Heat is making me feel boneless. Limp as a noodle here, just trying to stay calm and cool.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hi everyone, nice to hear from you all. Darling Grandchild, Peg and a new doggy is always a joy. I'm afraid that my dog training days are over. When my PAL goes to doggy heaven, maybe I could adopt a little adult doggy, trained and needing a mommy.

Agate, hope your teeth heal quickly so that you can savor a nice crunchy philly filled celery stick.

Hi Virginia...checking in..

Gary, glad you aren't suffering from our high humidity...UGH!!! Keep it cool Dude.

Jeanie, I hope David gets surgery soon, heals and is home by your side ASAP. That should be doable for our Lord to carry out. Take care of yourself too. (((hugs)))

Nuthatch, glad you got to visit with DD and new doggy. Your kittycats were not amused, huh?

Hi ya Barque..

NEXT......

Last edited by SalpalSally; 07-02-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Smile

Hi ya salpal

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

It's going to be in the 80s here for the rest of the week which is nothing compared to the heat and humidity in KY, where I grew up. I felt like I was melting in the summer even before MS!

Don't have much planned for now. Neuro appt. at the end of the month. My life is kinda boring but that's better than nerve-wracking for sure!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast