Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medicaid healthcare changes

Distinguished Community Member

Default medicaid healthcare changes

http://mobile.seattletimes.com/story...4/track-.-.-./

i think this whole new plan sucks

in my state at least i think medicaid people are worse off ,having to pick a managed care plan

im not happy about this

alex jones on radio says the first people hitler killed was though the medical system and jones claims usa will attempt to stop herbal alternative therapies
    Last edited by clouds z; 06-29-2012 at 02:01 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

One of the issues we have been running into is doctors are not wanting to take any new patients who are on medicaid/medicare. I hope that was in part just to them waiting to see what actually happens with the new laws and programs.
    I have a friend in renal failure who just went on medicare/medicaid this past year and she has had an awful time finding doctors that will see her to the point she is having to drive to the state capital a few hours away. If you are on these programs you are sick and have a fixed income so being able to travel that far is just not possible for most.
    I don't know who alex jones is but the disabled were one of the first groups targeted by Hitler.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Question

This IS terrible news. Sick people need things to be made easier for them. Many times I've felt put upon for having to go TO instead of having someone come to me or at least be close by. I can't tell you how many times I got sicker GOING FOR MEDICAL ATTENTION OR it was complicated by my condition along with travel and waiting, just horrible. I couldn't wait to get home and go to bed. All this stress makes me just want to let nature take it's course. All these needless tests and wrong diagnosises just wastes everybodies time and taxes me so it takes me weeks to get over it all.

And why Hitler is being dragged into this is beyond me.
    Last edited by Barque; 06-29-2012 at 10:18 AM.

I have one question for those of you that don't like the court's decision. do YOU have health insurance?

It is not the court I have issue with it is the way the programs are set up. Having a program that provides good care not just a program for the sake of it is what I would like to see.
    The doctors are not wanting to deal with red tape so they just stop seeing folks. I have medicare & with copays and premiums I still have to save up to be able to go to the doctor. They have supplement programs but all the hoops you have to go through there you have to apply witin so long of becoming disabled, my date of disability is considered to be my date of birth so I'm just out of luck. I would just like it be more useful in the manner it is applied. I know this is very political topic & I started not to reply to it for that reason. However, this place is not busy so I figured I would reply to the original poster, also I replied to the hitler statment as in 'yes that is right'''.
    I guess it was brought up in the idea that people with disabilities are often treated bad.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

I believe Hitler referred to the sick and/or disabled as " unproductive eaters ".

because i feel im treated as a second class citizen i guess not that we are as bad as 1940 germany but things could get worse

are stories true in uk or canada of people denied life saving procedures?

those who have no care and working poor i want them to get help too

of course i have insurance -the post is on medicaid -im stuck in medicad

im not john Edwards or some rich buzzard on a Cadillac plan
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Community Member

My BF and I are both disabled and on SSD. We both have been on Medicare since becoming eligible after 2 years of SSDisability. He just had major surgery. Prior to that he applied for and was awarded one of Iowa's various Medicaid plans.

I do not understand how this latest government decision affects him. Will he be forced off Medicaid and have to pay for an insurance policy? If so, that is absurd! The reason he was approved for Medicaid is because his income is TOO LOW to afford to buy insurance. The design of SSD income is to ALWAYS keep the recipient far behind the real cost of living. Always. Neither of us will EVER make enough money on SSD to live and buy insurance.

Can anyone explain how this works? I understand a lot of people are against it, but what will happen to Medicaid recipients?

each state is different i think

Exclamation

I was only following orders, RE Book Burning, Censorship, shooying, Gassing, etc People. We are not killing people outright but thru lack of care - no insurance = Emergency room! what do you think costs more, and how many people can afford to pay the price - Not many - if any at all. not being familiar with the president is proposing, ( i am studing it now, I can not offer,nor will I on the presidents health plan. I do know that between Big Pharma and Big Insurance, WE lose - Banks - JP Morgan just lost around 6-7 Billion with a B - their response, stockholders lost a few dollars. they should have to repay Every dollar - NO bussiness is too big to fail - I forget who said that but they are right. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Blessings to everyone
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    ( I usually can be found in the CP Forum)
    Last edited by alex44; 07-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast