Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT another June chit chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT another June chit chat

it was way to long,, ya think ?

Anyway, my big news is, we bought a "puppy", I am so thrilled we did it,, money was mailed to them, now we have to find a day, we go bring her home,,I named her Oreo,, she is black and white, like a oreo cookie,,:)

gonna heat up here, the next 7 days or so,, tomorrow, and Thursday, are going to be close to 100, and thats why hay is being baled tonight, I once again play "watergirl"

garden is to good,, tomatoes are starting to turn, been making cole slaw,, frying zucchinni,,it never ends around here, sometimes,,

Joe and I had our 39th anniversary, last Saturday,,, he was gone all day, helping our son Josh finish the 2 decks at the other farm,,as it should be,, no matter,,

well enjoy the day,,later then
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 06-26-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Good thinking Peg as usual.

My wife went to visit her mom for the week after her surgery the cancer team is now recommending chemo AND radiation as some cancer showed up in lymph nodes.

Daughter SIL and granddaughter came over for dinner tonight. We had a good visit. She wanted to make sure that my pill organizer was filled up.

It was only 75 today but Sunday is suppose to be 95. Peg I am cleaning up some weeds and hooked the baler to the tractor to move it out of the way its still hooked up all I have to do is hook up the PTO and I will b right over.

Garden is a bit slow but tomatoes are setting fruit and spuds are all in bloom peas should be coming on soon.

Our wedding anniversary is next Tuesday 29 years. And she STILL hasn't kicked me out. I know it says ......in sickness and in health but I am tired of the sick part.

Be healthy everybody.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

We got it done Gary,, thanks anyway,, 495 bales ,, we had all kinds of help,, I hate those PTO"s, my GF,, lost her arm in one, hooking up a culivator, I think it was,,,, augers are just as bad, you always have to be alert, I ,, ok,, screwed up, witha auger,, my glove fell in, and silly me, thought, I could retrieve it, that wasn't one of my proudest moments,,Joe read me the riot act,,I deserved it,, a little blood, but ok otherwise,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Hi Peg, Happy almost anniversary! You done good work w the hay.:)

Gary, sounds like you are being good. I hope your MIL will be OK.

How are our folks in FL and CO? My brother's family, N of Tampa, never want to see rain again. They are OK though some of the roads have trees down or sink holes so they only drive in the daylight.

I am brooding over something over which I have no control. An MS friend far away was taken to the hospital today. I want to know what is going on, what's the working diagnosis, and what the numbers are. I finally left the house and took a walk, bought nothing, came home to a message from SO wanting to know if I have heard anything more. Nope.

Worrying is useless but I can't stop,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for the new thread Peg and also Happy Anniversary to you and Farmer Joe.

Renee, I am with you on the free vegetables. I have been to the farmer's market in my town for the past 3 Saturdays. My pocketbook is a little emptier when I leave, but I do enjoy the food.

Don't think I will be going to the Farmer's Market or much of anywhere this week end. Weather is supposed to be 105 degrees Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This I do not like.

I am concerned about the fires in Colorado. It is so hot all over and if the winds get high in other places then there could be more. Too bad they can't transport some of the water from Florida to Colorado.

I am not to see my Physical Therapist for a couple of months. I will keep doing her exercises, but I went back to my base line so I am just trying to maintain at this point.

Gary hope your Mother In Law will do alright with her treatments if this is the route they decide to take with her.

Hi Ann, Cherie, Sally, Gabriella, Howie, Agate and all you other wonderful people that I missed.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi to Virginia, Peg, Howie, stillstANNding, Gary, Sally, Cherie and everyone else who stops by!

ANN, one problem with support boards seems to be that the people on it do care about one another but can be of only very limited usefulness in time of need.

The Internet has set up whole new ways of communicating, unlike any I can think of before the Web came along. There've been crisis hot lines where desperate people could call and talk to a usually anonymous counselor. That's the closest analogy I can think of to the situations on support boards like this one. Sometimes those counselors would reach out and stay in steady contact with some of the callers. But all of the initiative had to come from the caller, who was free to drop the contact entirely at any time.

Just the other day I was trying to think of all of the people who used to be on this board, and I thought about listing them here and asking if anyone knew anything about how they're doing.

But I thought better of it because (A) I know how a few of them are doing, and (B) there might be some terribly sad stories forthcoming, and maybe we're all better off not knowing them, and (C) some of the people might come out of the woodwork and take us to task for revealing information about them.

Anybody who chooses to drop back in here, though, I'm sure we'd all welcome an update. For instance, one person I wonder about is Jiane ("Keep your stick on the ice"). I often wonder what happened to her. She was in Canada, I think?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

Hi everyone! Hey Peg, do you remember years (and years) ago when you were naming calves after the members here? I was living in Mississippi (I refuse to abbreviate this state) back then, and am in Iowa now. Just west of Cedar Rapids; anywhere near you? You named a calf Sparky10; I was honored!

Hi Virginia, agate, Sparky10!

Well first, I am so much better. My MSer friend is admitted and has pneumonia, uti, (isn't it always), food poisoning and dehydration. I feel much better that she is getting fluids and abx.

We met on this board when I was fairly new. Since then we outgrew the stiffness of early talks on the phone and are now crazy sisters. I have visited (no, it is not agate-stop guessing) and we email too often and enjoy each other. I count her as a true friend that the board was the catalyst for.

There are others here that have met people and are close and send care packages, tho the precious gift is the person themselves.

I am just so happy that she is going to be OK.

And Sparky, I think Sparky 10 is a great name for a calf.

Keep cool, ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Blog Entries

I'm another one who's very glad that the friend is being taken care of--and hope she'll be better very soon.

Blog Entries

duplicate post--deleted
    Last edited by agate; 06-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast