Thread: So.....How Are All My Ladies?

New Community Member

Default So.....How Are All My Ladies?

I know, I know, it's been awhile! I was sitting reading and I just started thinking about you all and thought I'd stop in and say hi. I have been doing really good for awhile now. The Doc seams to have finally been able to work out a few kinks. It was a long road getting here with several bumps, a few ditches, and a crash or two along the way, but the seizures have been under good control for the better part of the last year. The Doc was pushing me for a long time to have a VNS implant because medications just weren't working. I just couldn't make myself go through a major surgery with no assurance that it would help. After lots of trial and error, about 10 different meds and combinations of, we finally found something that worked.

I have been able to work a lot more now that the health isn't as much of an issue. It's a good thing to because we just received word that the wife is losing her job after 26 years at her company. C'est la vie. My mom and dad bought another farm to add to the collection. They looked at it for a friend that was interested in buying. When that friend declined they bought it themselves. I call my dad the "Land Baron" now. I still spend lots of time visiting and doing the whole gardening, canning, farming thing with them.

Well, I just thought I'd stop in and say hi and I'm doing OK and thank you all again for being there for me during some of my darker times. Hope everyone here is doing well.

((((HUGS))))

Jeff

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

HEY JEFF!!!

good to see you ! we've missed your masculine voice here, although some other nice gentlemen have been brave enough to visit with us here every now and then!

i'm so happy! that you are now on the right meds and dosages. i know how much that burn scared you.

i know you're happy when you're helping your parents and i think it's great your dad is buying the whole state of kentucky ! i'm sure you and your wife will figure out what to do next....sometimes things like this are a blessing in disguise.

we sure have missed you and you were just as much a voice of support for us, too!

i hope you stop by every now and then, jeff. we are always here for you.

(((hugs back at ya))),
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 06-20-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well holey smokes! If it isn't Mr. Jeffrey, I must say, with a tear in me eye, that I am mighty glad to see you. I wonder often how you are faring and I am thrilled to see you back here. Boy you didn't only ride the med roller coaster sounds like ya did the whole park. Been there and it is nice to be off for a while isn't it. So happy that it sounds like it was worth it.

I am so sorry about your wife losing her job. That's a long time to devote yourself and then be let go. It is contagious, has spread across the country.

Well now we can call you Baby Baron lol. That's great for your grandparents but isn't it like just making ten times more work for you? All that gardening and farming. I got veggies growing this year for the first time seriously.

I hope you don't run off for too long this time. Great to hear from you.

Distinguished Community Member

welcome back Jeff!! you have been missed.

another farm eh? I always think of you when I watch the horse races! in fact just read a book "Horse Heaven" by Jane Smiley. learned alot about horses & the whole racing thing. she's hard to read-too many character's & horses that kept getting sold & names changed. so a real brain twister for me.

sooooo glad to read you are on the right meds finally & didn't need the surgery. your wife will enjoy some time off I'm thinking? one door closes & another opens is wisdom from my momma.

hope you stick around! you'll notice some are missing here. nothing stays the same afterall. some will be back eventually.

guess it's truly summer back East. not here in the Pacific Northwest though!

nothing new in my life. ((((hugs back at ya!)))) Pati

New Community Member

Sweet Jeannie, it's good to hear from you!
    That burn, by the way healed very well. No grafts were necessary. My burn doctor was amazed and said it was due to the diligent care I gave it. Other than the fact that it is snow white now compared to my arm, the burn isn't real noticeable. Not something I ever want to go through again! Oh, and my dad isn't trying to by the whole state of Kentucky, just the county he lives in! He lives in Hart Co. if that means anything.

Little Queenie! How are you?!
    Yea, the roller coaster has takin' me for quite a ride but has finally slowed down, for now at least. Glad to see that your putting a few things in the dirt! Really, it's great therapy. Feels good to get outside in the sun and the dirt and play. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment when you sit down to eat and know "you" grew what your getting ready to eat!
    I read a little about your foot surgery, I hope things are progressing well!

Ah Dear Pati, Nothing new in your life? I hope that is a good thing!
    The wife is planning to take a little time off and is looking forward to it. She is going to get six months severance pay after here release date so she plans to take a "break" during part of that period. She deserves it! She feels loosing her job my be a good thing. She has been unhappy there for awhile and is hoping to find somewhere she is happier. She is a certified medical coder and doesn't feel she will have to hard a time finding a new job.
    I thought we had us a triple crown winner this year with I'll Have Another! I'm glad though that decided not to run him after they discovered his injury. It's not very often in those situations that money and ego doesn't rule the moment.

It was good to here from each of you and I'll try to keep in touch.

(((((HUGS))))) to you all!

Jeff

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Mr. Jeffrey!!!!

It is so good to hear from you!! I'm happy for the good things with your health. I hope they keep right on getting better.

I don't get to come too often for now, but hope that will change real soon. It gets very tiresome not being able to come to BT everyday. Many changes in my life but not worth repeating!

Ahhh the good old summer time. Heat Thunder Storms every day heat index 100, 7 t0 10 or above. Yeah, you are sharing. Do you have power or are you one of the lucky ones that have cooling? I've been concerned about all of you that live up a bit further than me. We have the heat and the thunder storms almost every day or night.

I had to go shut up the weather alert system so many time today I am weary from the running! I've gotten lazy doing nothing this summer. I don't like it, but I could be much worse, can Always be worse!!

It's time to go lay down, my time is limited sitting up. It was so good to hear from you. It's been lonely in here without you. So many just up and poofed away. So many others aren't well but hope to be back soon.

Now that you have broken the ice get your hiney back in here and keep us up-dated. If nothing else just say hi and we will at least know you are still with us in Spirit.

This was a very nice surprise, finding you back here at home. Take care and many hugs comming your way!

We all love you here you know. Many prayers went up for you when you were under the weather.

all my love, Julia (((((( Jeffrey))))))

gotta go, the thunder storm just started up!!
    Last edited by Jo6; 07-05-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Mr Jeff I am so glad that you are doing better. And along with that I want to give thanks to God that my daughter has also been doing excellent with her seizures herself. It is so much better than back when I always dreaded getting a phone call and especially the one where she was so run down and had to stay a week in hospital. Oh how thankful I am for sure and I know it is for your family as well. You take care in this heat. On way to foot doctor yesterday we saw some men putting a roof on a building in the extremely high heat we have here in the south. Working onland (if you do that) gets awfully hot best I remember as a small amount of land farmer's dfaughter. We were really doing good the years we could rent a neighbors land. Big time, LOL probably altogether was almost 40 acres in crops if we were lucky.

Jeff, I can't tell ya how upset I got over I'll have Another. at least he's retired & can just have fun doing his stud business now. can't even recall name of last winner but was glad the woman in the wheelchair got her day of glory! always next year for possible Triple eh?? I cry when watch the races. not sure why I get so emotional since I've never even had a horse much less seen a racehorse up close!

as for your wife? she's right,taking some time off will be a good thing. and in her field she should find another job. sometimes change is good.

glad you're all healed up from the burn. better days ahead & you deserve it!

can't wait to read about the veggies you will be eating & the pond fishing this summer.

keep cool! (((hugs))) Pati

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Hi Jeff, Good to see you. I had 2 bad burns too. I had a sz. when ironing & got 2 3rd. degree burns. I droped it the iron on my leg but was 'out of it' so it layed there for a minute or so. & was deeper than I thought. But I,m here today LOL with 2 scars on my thigh. I,m glad you are better.
    Lorraine (lor)