Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Now*, I'm on enough, freakin', meds., to open my own, flippin', pharmacy!!

Distinguished Community Member

I know, Sue, it's 100 degrees in the shade, here, too!!:(

Phyllis

Thumbs down I know, I'm going to need to do this, but,..................................

I *really* *don't* want to be on anymore meds., because, I *don't* want to increase the risk of more
    seizures! But, I have a really obnoxious anxiety issue which, I know, will only, be resolved by meds.
    Anyone know of any Meds., which, would take care of anxiety, but, not cause seizures?
    Sooo many Psyche meds. cause seizures!:( I've posted about my issue in the Depression and the
    Anxiety forums, in case, people were interested, so, I won't re-post them here. *But,* believe me, I
    *need* *something*!!

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 06-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Well, *maybe*, we're on the road to, getting *something*, accomplished?!? I have an Appt.on July 2nd.

Phyllis

I needed something for stress/anxiety, and I got a script for Ativan from my PCP. My epilepsy doc likes Tranxene better and said it has antiseizure properties to it. It is mild to me and evens out the anxiety with no sedation. I like it a lot. It is a benzo though in case you have to have drug screens done. I only take it if needed which is not that often. I do hope you are seeing an Epileptologist who did the Fellowship. From my experience, that is what helped me. Without an Epileptologist, I'd still be having seizures and they'd be worse than before surgery. Tattoo

Question Tattoo,........................................... ...................................

If they could give me something for siezures *and* anxiety, I'd love it!! No, I don't think,
    they'd have to do any drug test??? They never, have???

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Phyllis when was the last time you had a sz?

They give me my meds in a big brown bag sometimes. I always wonder what the car behind me thinks when we go through lol.

Exclamation It wouldn't be so bad, *but*,............................................ ............

Something tells me, it's the *amount*, of meds., I'm on! For one,, Med., she has me taking *8* pills a,
    day!!! Seems, a bit much for me, but, hey! She's, the Dr.! So, I didn't say anything!

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 06-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12