Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am so scared

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Christina, I'm so sorry for everything you went through & still are. But I know you, you can do it
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Lor.

well surgery went great. Said the center of my tumor was as big around as a quarter in the center and had spread up and down the fascia to about 3 inches in total in length. Should have told him to put it in a jar for me. Managed to leave my fascia though there is now a big hole in it. All the more reason to get some good shoes on my feet.

He was wonderful, big time all for pain management. I thought for sure that I would get sent home with a scrip for Tylenol 3s, they do nothing for me. I have yet to have any major pain where I had surgery. What does hurt like hell is the arthritis in my left foot from it being my sole source of uprightedness. Okay not a word but it should be. And the arthritis in the toes of my right foot where one doctor held my foot while the other cut, big owie owie. My foot's shock is starting to wear off though, the incision is starting to itch and the pain is slowly trying to creep in. Don't know what the heck they did to my knee. They throw ya all over the place when they do surgeries. Just watch a few of them and every time you see the doc hammer on a knee or do any kind of bone work they aren't necessarily careful. Time for med and bed. Been a long day.

Love you guys.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I'm soooooooooooooooo glad things went well. Now prop your feet up, grab a romance novel and a wine.... opps a soda and pamper yourself. (Save the wine cooler for when you don't take any pain meds)
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

So glad it went well, now turn on the diva mode and make your recovery as pleasant as you can! Glad the Doctor believes in pain management,when you are in chronic pain it messes with everything.grab that novel Jan mentioned and let it take you away , hugs Christina, feel better and let your tootise heal

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

chris...

i'm so happy everythng went well...now take it easy and...
    get_well_soon_18.gif

, jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

now stay in bed as good as I have, and I promise it will help foot heal faster with not as much pressure being put on it. and IF you can, do some moving of legs and arms when you are in bed or sitting up cause muscles are taking a beating on me and I am sure it will you too. I have been on Baclofen for years and years, 2 pills at least twice a day if not more,(am allowed 6 a day & I usually take 4) for dratted muscles anyway.

Glad you are rid of that tumor. I wish everyone with arthritis could just throw it away, get rid of the awful stuff cause it sure is awful thing to have. Take good care of yourself and use that bell.

I am hoping I have only 1-1/2 months to go myself of being down.
    Last edited by joy; 06-19-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Community Member

Sweetie, I JUST saw this, as i haven't been here in awhile and I'm so sorry I'm late. Gosh I'm sorry you had to have surgery!!! But I'm glad it went ok, and that you're alright! I know that recovery is going to be a "pain" but please be careful and take it EASY!!! Keep us updated on your recovery, ok? And you'll certainly be in my prayers! Again, I'm sorry I'm so late. God bless Chris, & take care. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Chris,hope you are doing OK & the pain is bearable. ring that bell! also hope not too hot there (hard for me to imagine summer heat myself).

bye bye tumor! I didn't even know you HAD a tumor. seems I have a hard time navigating the new BT or something?

hope you can progress to the wheelchair before long as I know it's driving you bonkers to not be checking up on everything in your house! have to trust CJ & Shortcake to do the things that need doing Chris. YOU just get better! ((((gentle hugs)))) Pati

Chris,hope you are doing OK & the pain is bearable. ring that bell! also hope not too hot there (hard for me to imagine summer heat myself).

bye bye tumor! I didn't even know you HAD a tumor. seems I have a hard time navigating the new BT or something?

hope you can progress to the wheelchair before long as I know it's driving you bonkers to not be checking up on everything in your house! have to trust CJ & Shortcake to do the things that need doing Chris. YOU just get better! ((((gentle hugs)))) Pati

I hope your recovery will go as well as your surgery did. It helps so much when you can find a good doctor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast