Thread: Voice from the past

Default Voice from the past

Hello folks. Just letting you know you're not forgotten. Not online much. Which is probably a good thing. When I am it's dealing with business. Hope everyone is surviving as best they can. Times are tough for many for sure.

Distinguished Community Member

Jolene, it is good to hear from you and to find out your improvement is still letting you do your job. I find that each year is finding my spine getting a bit worse but my granddaughter makes me forget about it when she is around. 2 year olds are a fun age and remind me of having fun even if the pain is not behaving. Take care and keep the wheels between the white lines and you will be okay:).
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Hi Jolene!! Gosh, it's been a long time! I'm glad you checked in! Glad too to hear that you're still able to work. Wish I could say the same. I'm like Mark -- each year, things get a bit worse, darn it. My granddaughter takes my mind off it too, but it's not because she's cute (although she's pretty) -- it's because she gets into mischief -- she's 16!!! ARRRGGGHH. This past year she just about drove me NUTS. (she was living with me, but now Mom has her - they BOTH live with me now!!!)

Anyway I hope you won't be such a stranger and will check in more often. Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.