Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: down again with feet

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Joy))))))

With Jon's wound care, we found that treatments lost their effectiveness after a few weeks, which is why we would switch to another type of dressing. We went back and forth quite a few times, re-trying a previous dressing.

The Q tip actually measures the depth of the wound. If your wound is getting smaller and beginning to close up, then perhaps the honey is healing it sufficiently. If the wound isn't getting smaller, or it is getting deeper, that's when you would consider changing the kind of dressing/treatment. When we finally latched on to the "candy cane" of silver and collagen, Jon's wound began healing more quickly.

A wound care doctor would certainly know all of these things. Jon was treated by a team of wound care nurses, who focus solely on wound care for homebound patients. They are in the trenches every day dressing all kinds of wounds, so they know their stuff.

I'm just passing along to you what I learned from them, and what worked for Jon, so that you can mention it as a possible treatment for your wound, if it doesn't continue to improve.

Healing thoughts and prayers are on their way for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Distinguished Community Member

was glad to have found the cord to laaptop. what happens tho is it hurts so much to use the dratted thing. so all i do is wrao two feet still. i got my days mixed up and missed one appointment. well they are all the same anyway but when i called i found out doctor is on vacation. well since he did not come up with anything new anyway and i let him off the hook by saying honey was okay, duh, i know the just staying OFF the foot until it heals will work.

i left the bandage off for awhile one day and had it resting on a mechanic tool box i had won at a fire fighters meeting oce, now it keeps my meds complete with a combination lock - safe. small kids etc and pesky doggies that get into everything.

so it is going to be awhile before doctor returns and after that scare of looking down and seeing how the flesh had pshed out of the hole, uugh i know to ot do that anymore. i had been seen by another in practice befgore and he roughly twisted my foot (way back to another injury) and it hurt. my muscles have a mind of their own and since they are dead nerves in feet, they do what they want. anyway i won't ever see that doctor again.

so here is hoping nothing else happens and maybe by the time doctor returns it will be so close to healed i won't need to go back. i got the honey and wrapping down part anyway. messy goo. i have gone through more than a honey shaped bottle plus some we grabbed from our breakfast out first visit to doctor. we ate at cracker barrel.

already hrting bad so will check in later. no worries if i am absent long stretch as not much going on to talk about. can't even feed my birds and pt out hummer food or water.
    Last edited by joy; 08-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.

my left toe is oh so close to being healed. have a correction that foot doctor gave permission to use peroxide on that toe after all. nothing like going back on what i was told, lol. i just had a thought today, i went beserk the other day and drug some stuff off front porch inside house. it was the day i went to have blood tested. if i can't feel my feet, it is hard to stay down and house is so bad. laundry is behind and i have not been doing any at all, well maybe one load. no dishes in dish washewr at all too many steps etc.
    i thought to myself fter i was so worn out when doing just a small amount of work, i willl never get my strength back. i may just keep wrapping my dratted foot and just stay down, lol. i lost so much muscle etc the 2 years i was down before but then i had that awful boot so was not down until the final last bit. thern i knew i had to stay down or else.

it is getting oh so old tho and sitting to se laptop kills my ribs and bones under breasts. uugh can an old woman have breast reduction, lol i think that would help tremendously. while out they could just take some of the excessive skin over my eyes while they are t it. might as well get the turkey wattle under chin too. hey i am bored to the max. and i appreciate eaxhx and every one of you all.

i hope to list everything that this doc has ever used on my feet, the list is long. the most important i think is to use papewr tape because it is easier on skin.

Default rose

i appreciate yor imput so much. i did miss that last visait, my fault. but i did say that the hiney was okay on the visit before. it was apparent he did not have anything new so i volunterred it honey was ok before as he seemed to have a lot of patients that day. i knew i had intentions of astaying down as well. my intentions are weaking faast nw tho and i still have a hard time lowering that knee wheeler with my weak hands and arms. it actually fell down a notch with me today giving me quite a jolt, lol. no harm done but it sure was an awakening.

hubby returned the knee wheeler yesterday. boy are my legs wobbly now but i am thankful to be upright on two feet again. hands, feet and legs are as dead as they ever were still tho.

Joy, I'm so glad that you are getting better. Maybe slow but your getting there. Isn't there a excise that you could do to make your legs lest wobby?

We were all ways told not to put peroxide on a wound. Kills the good cells also. You take care.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Joy, good days ahead hopefully! I was wondering about trying hyperberic oxygen? don't think I spelled it right. we have one hospital here that has the chambers. could work for your wounds as well as with neuropathy maybe? might ask your doc?

appreciate that you make the huge effort to keep us informed. take care & keep up the good work! (((hugs))) Pati

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey joy!

so happy you are back on your feet !

now you get stronger so you can do all you want to with the grands and anything else you want! i hope it has cooled down there so it isn't so miserable in the heat!

i'm always happy to see you post ...you're a strong woman and nothing keeps you down long. i admire that! keep getting better...

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Joy))))))

Happy to read that you are back on your feet. Please be ever so careful until you get your "sea legs," as we certainly don't want you to take a tumble!

Sending you positive, strengthening, healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

thank you everyone for your encouragement about my feet. it is super nice to know others care what happens, never feeling alone sure helps a person bear up to things. i realise damaged feet doesn't rank as high as a lot of peoples' health problems but being able to come hear and talk about it sure helped keep me from going bonkers all summer.

it has be very iffy with my getting back in, half the time or more, godaddy is ALL i get so cannot always read or post on braintalk. mike has been advising me of what to try.

just know if i am absent, i am trying to work out the bugs still. speaking of bugs, i seem to have some problems after taking strong anitbiotocs for a mega sinus infction. i go to doctor tomorrow to see what can be done. i am hoping to change my muscle meds. i have been on baclofen 3 times a day since the 70's and feel ready for a change. i'd also love to know if it is just fibromyalgia or something more.

i have had double vision all my life and then with the trigeminal neuralgia and some other things often wonder just what the heck is going on. doubt i get any answers other than what i always hear, up the meds.

my warafarin or coumadin is always changing and i am always bleeding too much it seems from the weirdest places. always something it seems. i haven't seen donna in some time tho i do stay in touch by phone. not like actually getting to visit with her at all. please keep her in your prayers.
    Last edited by joy; 09-17-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123