Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think, I know the answer to this, already, but,...................

Distinguished Community Member

"Water", Pati?!?...lmao!!!!!! You *don't* understand!! I *need* my Mountain Dew!!!...Lol
    Yes, I know, I need to give it up, unless, I want more seizures, which, is what this thread started out to be
    about, anyhow!!;)

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 06-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Pati, I know, you can add stuff to water to make stuff like lemon-ade and stuff, but, I mean, having to give
    stuff like, soda. Not much, you can substitute for that!! lol

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

To answer your original question....

Does it give you seizures?
    It might, then again, it might not.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a universal trigger for everybody.

I don't drink it for two reasons:
    • I don't especially care for the flavor and
    • I am diabetic.
    Last edited by howdydave; 06-10-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Dave,

I just didn't think, caffeine would be good, because, it can affect the brain and so, do, seizures.

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

supposedly caffeine isn't good for the heart, fibromyalgia, Gerd and a lot of other things. Then they say that the depression rate among coffee drinkers is lower than non caffeine drinkers but if you drink too much of it then that is bad. It seems that everything we consume is good in some ways bad in others.

Mountain Goo, as I refer to it, has 1/2 milligram less caffeine than Pepsi One. At least that was in 2009 I think it said.

Now me I want to have my daily Coke. I haven't drank coffee in over a year.

It is just one more risk you expose yourself to. Or we expose ourselves to lol.
    Last edited by houghchrst; 06-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.

I can *easily*, give up *anything", else, *but*, I *have* to have my Mountain Dew!!

Phyllis

Hi Folks,

I'm surprised that the Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't trigger sz. for you. I know the nutra sweet (aspartame) fires up more electrical activity in the brain and can trigger sz. for some people. I found this out after drinking diet pepsi and
    the sz. started up like crazy. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Question I don't do diet stuff, but,.............................................. ............

it'd be interesting to find out how I'd be affected??

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Phyllis))))))

I searched for "Mountain Dew Ingredients," and I found a couple of eye-opening articles.

This article lists all of the ingredients in Mt. Dew and their cumulative harmful effects:

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/MtDew.html

This article also discusses the harmful effects of Mt. Dew ingredients:

http://voices.yahoo.com/just-bad-mou...u-3462305.html

While Mt. Dew may not be directly triggering your seizures, any one of these ingredients, other than water, could be contributing to them.

Generally, the primary ingredients are listed first on food labels. That means that Mt. Dew is primarily water and high fructose corn syrup. The only good ingredients in Mt. Dew are water and orange juice. All of the rest of the ingredients are damaging to your health in a variety of ways.

When I weaned myself off of Fresca, because of the unpleasant side effects of aspartame, I started with bottled carbonated water, with lemon or lime in it. Now, I drink plain water all day and night. I feel much better for it too.

I strongly urge you please to not switch to Diet Mt. Dew. Aspartame is a neurotoxin. It gave me headaches, insomnia, lethargy, and gut cramps. Awful awful stuff.

You could try experimenting with carbonated water, orange juice, a touch of honey, and perhaps a squeeze of lemon and/or lime.

Depending upon how much you drink, your body might experience withdrawal symptoms, if you quit cold turkey. You could try weaning yourself off of Mt. Dew by reducing your intake on a daily basis. If your body misses caffeine, you would be better off to drink a cup of coffee or tea than to drink Mt. Dew. Use honey to sweeten either one.

While resisting your cravings for Mt. Dew, try to remind yourself of how much better you are going to feel, when all of that bad stuff isn't in your system anymore. When your body is getting what it really craves ~ water for hydration ~ you'll be very glad that you stopped drinking Sugar Sludge and Chemicals.

Get yourself some Mountain Spring Water. At least you can keep the Mountain part, when you drop the Dew.

Good Luck! I raise a glass of pure water to toast your success!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

For along time I drank bottled flavored iced tea. Just a couple weeks ago my DD gave me "Sparkling Ice", a flavored spring water & I love it. I'm drinking some right now.
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast