Thread: 12 dangerous ingredients in our food

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default 12 dangerous ingredients in our food

Distinguished Community Member

ok looks interesting
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

never connected any of that poison with bone health!

housemate came home with something to eat rather than peanut butter. he didn't read the label!

Lotus Biscoff Spread:wheat flour,sugar,soy bean oil,sun flower oitl,canola oil,palm oil,soy flour,brown sugar,sodium bicarbonate,salt,cinnamon,canola oil,sugar,soy lecithin,citric acid.

mind you he's on a no gluten diet & this stuff is made from cookies. we are both diabetic & there's 5 grams of sugar in 1 Tbsp.

I'll stick to good old Jif myself! the product is made in Belguim which got my attention @ first.

I'm certainly not a health nut but the article was a wake up call.the more we learn the better.

Community Member

Great article -- thank you for sharing. I posted it to my Facebook. I'm always trying to eat better and not always fully aware of the ways the food industry tries to "sneak" ingredients not-so-good-for-us into things they make.
    Last edited by Alesis; 11-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    L sided headaches since Fall 2005. Stopped in 2010, only to restart w/greater intensity in November 2012 with additional symptoms of nausea, clumsiness/balance issues, poor appetite, and difficulty hearing out "plugged" left ear. Headache pattern: occurs in AM and upon changes in body position. OTC meds do not help.

Previous surgeries: 2008 total L Parotidectomy, secondary to benign tumor, 2011 gastric bypass, 2012 hysterectomy due to benign mass on ovary. (Kept 1 ovary)

it is so maddening... i cannot read the infomation for the cover pops up to sell pills aaargh...