Thread: A Conversational Facebook Page for Parents

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default A Conversational Facebook Page for Parents

Hi Everyone - (Don't worry, Rose, I will always come back here for my friends who prefer Braintalk!)
    I have a new facebook page to which everyone is invited for chat about the ethics and economics of giving and receiving care - and just about anything else that takes our fancy. The page is called Donna Thomson's Living Room and it's here: https://www.facebook.com/donnathomsonauthor . I've just put up something about healthcare reform, fyi. All are welcome!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Donna))))))

Thank you for the reassurance that you aren't leaving CN!

Just like I'm possibly the last woman on Earth, who does not have pierced ears, I'll probably be the last person on Earth, who doesn't have a Facebook account! I'm different. I know it. Too old to change now.

But I did and will visit your Facebook page, as I hope many others will flock to it. Your page has a very nice look to it, as well as obviously providing a wealth of information and topics of interest. Great name and I love the living room photo ~ looks so cozy and inviting.

I am happy for our former CN members that they have places to gather on the internet to continue their relationships and receive and provide support. I just wish that they would occasionally drop by here for a chat. I must abandon that wish/hope as it clearly isn't going to happen. Perhaps I will be able to find some of them chatting in your Living Room and at least feel somewhat still connected. I shall be an official Lurker!

Congratulations on your Living Room launch!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

P.S.

Just visited your blog also and read your entry on health care reform. Oh man! I could write a very thick book on that topic!

And you know where we live and what's happening with our health care system. I just pray that Medicare is still there, when I'm old enough to receive it in a couple years.

I literally could write all night about this subject, but I won't. It's too depressing for me to think about for too long.

Praying for you as you battle for Nick's funding and meeting his needs.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Rose - believe me, there IS an important place for us old timers who feel MOST comfortable having a normal conversation with old friends. I feel this is personal and my fb page is professional - of course I am interested in everyones' opinions about our issues, but I don't KNOW some of them. Sometimes it's fascinating to get know strangers though! Here, I know everyone. I feel you are my friends. So, that's the difference. Life has just got more impersonal, but there is more opportunity for sharing and as an activist, of course I am always looking for ways to influence opinions! I will never, ever abandon CN because this is my roots and where my friends are... even though there is a 'warning' or whatever against me for being so excited to tell you all that my book was out on amazon. That was considered advertising. sigh.... sometimes we get the impression that we are having a private conversation but then we are corrected. Such is life! xoxoDonna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com