Thread: Good Aye From Down Under

New Community Member

Default Good Aye From Down Under

Hello Every one, I am Francis Bowman, first of all i am male not female as many mistake me for. Now with that out of the way, I am a 48yr old daddy with two beautiful little one aged 3yrs Ephrati and 17 month old Jahzara, and another due in Oct. I was happily going thru life working as a self employed contractor doing what I had to provide for my wife and I. After working at one place for one place i started having problems with numbness and tingliing in my face and funny other things going on over the top of my head, then eye sight abnormalities. I went off on work cover and got thrown off, once there medical Dr said my problems were Physcosocial and after seening the best of the australian top Neurologist and MRI and other test they found nothing. The other thing that come into play is i have compressed nerves in my neck and arms from Cervical Rib extraction some years back that flared up afte doing the heavy lifting in the truck driving job... There are many other things there i wont go into as i dont think at the point it makes any difference. I am hee to read and find out information that may help me be more educated on the subject.... My poor wife is putting up with a lot, having her once agile man, now unable to work and in pain, most of the time, and Dr whoms dont believe u as I am going thru compenstion.... MRI show nothing, so it showes me more to be a liar to the courts......... I am glad I found the site, now hoping to find some light at the end of my tunnel. Oh by the way No i dont have any Kangaroos in my back yard lol. only in my fridge...

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

welcome to braintalk, samuel and hoo roo!

well, we used to have quite a few people coming here from "down under" and they used to say "hoo roo"...so i hope that's a greeting and not something bad !

i hope everything is going well for your wife and the little one that's due! certainly you'll all have your hands fuller soon, but bigger hearts, also!

isn't that like life? one day everything is going fine and then it seems the next day everything is topsy-turvy. if i were a doctor, the first place i would check would be where you had your cervical rib extraction, but then that's me and i'm not a doctor. did they rule out herniated discs or ruptured discs in your spine? seems to me with all the heavy work you do that would be an area to look at.

i'm sure you'll read many storied here about docs not finding anything wrong and people going for years without a diagnosis. persevere! i heard a saying once in my early 40's...it was. "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". now being well read, you'd think i would have come across that quote before that ripe age. but i didn't and when i finally heard it, it made great sense to me!

be a squeaky wheel!

once again, welcome to braintalk and i hope you find some more helpful advice that will lead you towards finding your problem!

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

New Community Member

Hi Jeannie, thank u for the welcome, aussies are good people, but like all people there are the good and the bad in all lots. The neurologist i am seeing tried to catch me out lying, good try as i dont lie. The thing is here in OZ that the public health system is that the neuo's are all of the same Fellowish of Neurologist... and they have put me to the side as they dont want to get invovled in a compensation case, wasting there time. But i tell you what if it was them, it would be a different story. I have ciruclation cutting off to my left hand and pain down the arm, thou they have been told this, they would refer me to see any one else, the referal to the Hand clicnic at the other "public" hospitial has disappered. LOL but what gets me is the Dr whom the lawyer sent me to see says I have a 7% permanent disabilty. the two government dr tell me it is in my mind.... yeah amazing how some one else can know our body better than our selfs...... Jeannie I only get appointments to see my Neoru when "HE" sets the appointments. Not unless i have private medical insurance then i would be treated more like a human being than a piece of meat..........i do not have the report but on one test it showed i had a herniated in my skull. i will have to get hold of that so i know what it is, my Dr said the Neuro will have to take notice of it as it is not usual. but he has not taken notice of any thing she has sent to him or ask him to take notice of.... Such is life.... like many others in here DR's are not prerfect and often and educated man will not listen to some one else especially when he thinks that person is beneath him.

Distinguished Community Member

I feel bad for you. I once had a worker from our local lumber& hardware place let a box fall on me. I had to stand still until I caught my breath, Even my own doctor at first did not want to seem to do anything but did ask if I wanted to have it checked out. Good for me that I went ahead and did. It showed a partially torn rotator cuff. But NO Doctor wanted to touch it. The one in our town sent me to another town a long ways from home. I learned to say, I only want the pain to stop, I am not interested in sueing anyone.

Dratted it all I went through so many case workers (for the store that it happened in) that after two years, I decided I had better settle up. Against my better judgement, I took someones advice and set amount for just 3 times my expenses etc. And just this week, I tried to get some relief because with all my other muscle problems etc and back troubles, I am always reinjuring the same arm.

Husband use to work for a large company and he did know this for sure, if a customer said the words sue or such, it was turned over to their higher ups. So at least I was steered clear in that much.
    I am so tired of a life of Baclofen and pain medicine that doesn't do the job good enough for any and all body parts. I hope things work out for you.
    Last edited by joy; 06-01-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: make corrections

Welcome!! I am so sorry about your plight...I do hope you find treatment and answers soon.

I am fascinated with Australia, and have always wished to visit. My sister and her husband are, in fact, there now on vacation. I would love to see flocks of Rainbow Lorikeets...I have one among my pet birds. His name is Pip.

Again, Welcome.