Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hospital is woefully deficient in protecting the sick and helpless...

Distinguished Community Member

what city was this?the hospital here i think was great when i was in it

once an er doctor offered me a ride when i was through
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

cloudz. This thread is not for bragging about the good care you got. That makes the rest of us feel subpar.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Barque you are the only one feeling subpar so please make sure you do not include anyone else.

Cloudz getting good care is hard to find. It is wonderful that you had a positive experience.

May want to post, Barque, in your title if your threads are strictly for whining or if other input can be used.

Please note the title of this thread.

I don't think you know how EVERYBODY feels.

Blog Entries

why on earth would you berate another member for staying on topic, if I read correctly roadracer had THREE good experiences yet you say nothing to him. Rarely are any of your posts, feedback or comments positive. When you prefer to live such a dark life I would appreciate if you would exclude me the next time you are feeling subpar.

Distinguished Community Member

Barque,I'm sorry you've had so many bad experience's with ER & hospital's. there's usually a solution to every problem. these days we have to be our own advocate. I don't ever see any hospital providing transportation from ER.

we like to discuss issues on BT. that means everyone has a right to their input. all negative gets tiresome don't you think? balance it with a positive & it level's the discussion.

we all come here to vent on occasion! we need a place to do that. however we all can benefit from reading anything positive regarding health care.

I'm sure many of us could write a book on our horrid visits to ER. I know I could. but in the end who would want to read it?

you've been given some advice on what you can do. use the resources available to you. as for being hungry? might keep an energy bar in your purse?

no idea where you live,but if possible a small hospital might be the best option. large hospital's can be overwhelmed in ER. and of course it does make a difference if a patient is on Medicaid or private insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by houghchrst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why on earth would you berate another member for staying on topic, if I read correctly roadracer had THREE good experiences yet you say nothing to him. Rarely are any of your posts, feedback or comments positive. When you prefer to live such a dark life I would appreciate if you would exclude me the next time you are feeling subpar.
    Now YOU are way off topic. Is this YOUR site exclusively? I'd appreciate a lot of things too but I don't make that kind of statement. If you can't add to my thread then just don't post in it instead of disrupting the topic as you have just done.

I anticipate my attempt to point out this problem to the hospital admin is going to be met with much resistance so I have been thinking about using vehicles they already have that are not used during the night and came up with two at least, the pharmacy delivery cars and the lab delivery cars. I see them all over town during the day and am sure they aren't being used at night. I know my pharmacy only delivers from noon to 6 P.M.

As far as staff or on call drivers, I am still trying to figure that one out, preferably people already AT the hospital during the night. Maybe Security people??

Quote Originally Posted by Barque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cloudz. This thread is not for bragging about the good care you got. That makes the rest of us feel subpar.
    I recall a family member severly depressed, suicidal as a matter of fact. In trying to pep her up when another family member started talking about all kinds of fun things that she had been doing in her life. Now, I watched the depressed person's reaction and she was getting sadder and sadder the more this other person talked. Later I spoke to my depressed relative alone and she said it made her feel worse that she was missing out on the good things in life and she wished she were dead because no one understood how bad she was feeling mentally. She added that no one else feels like she does or ever did and she felt so alone.

I have felt that way a few times myself so I know how it feels, someone parading all the good things in their life in front of those not so lucky that are feeling down.

Just think about it. Misery really does love company.
    Last edited by Barque; 07-01-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries

There is a difference between misery loves company and living with misery like it's a welcome monkey on your back. Don't worry I will make sure I don't post in your threads they are too depressing and negative for me.
    Last edited by houghchrst; 07-01-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast