Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Down

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Sue))))))

Good for you! I applaud your advocacy!

If we don't speak up, we'll never be heard. You Go Sue!!

I'm sure that you will have a successful meeting with a satisfying outcome.

Fight on!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

Thumbs up Good for you, Sue!!!

Best of luck and please, keep us posted!!

Phyllis

HI Folks,

Thanks so much for your support and understanding I really appreciate it. Take my word I will stand up for my rights and everyone with physical problems. I have been busy looking into the legal end of things and I have all
    the legal laws written down that we all have in our place of employment. Sometimes a person will just give up and leave there job after this type of thing happens but I'm not going to I'm standing up for ALL of US no matter what.
    I will be sure and keep you posted as to what happens. Here's wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Seu

God luck Sue and thanks for standing up for all of us. I have full faith in you to do a wonderful job. You also may want to see if your school or the school system has a policy regarding Workplace Violence. That includes verbal assault and harsh words as well. Anything that upsets the natural healthy flow or causes discord or fear could be considered violence. That was the case when I had my Grad school experience you may remember. They had a policy re workplace violence but did not uphold it nor knew how to do so. Thanks to my efforts, they now have a protocol they have to follow if any incident occurs again. Your courage may help to prevent what happened to you from ever happening again. Good luck and keep us posted. Tattoo

You may have this one but the Rehabilitation Act of 1975 is a big one. Tattoo

Hi Tattoo,

I work for the state and by state law none of this nonsense should have happened. I have been on the go checking out the ADA laws (American Disability Association) and their laws but I didn't think about the Rehabilitation Act
    thank you for the info. I will be sure to check that out since Tuesday is the meeting. If their are students in the school with E as well as other physcial or emotional disabilities I will also be standing up for them as well as all of us.
    Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Based on my recent experience, what was said to you was a "Discriminatory Slur". These are links re Workplace Violence which includes such verbal attacks etc. The actual verbal confrontation with the use of the s$$& word was violent according to he links here in that it was "disruptive", assaulting, intimidating, and harassing etc. Tattoo

http://www.usda.gov/news/pubs/violence/wpv.htm

The USDA Handbook on
    Workplace Violence
    Prevention and
    Response

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1261&bih=847

Re Verbal
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1261&bih=847

Hi Folks,

Well today was the meeting and my co worker deined ever tell me I had a shi**y attitude didn't you take you med comment when the both of us were in the school principals office. She called me a liar and that's when I spoke up
    and said "Why would I be here if this was a lie I'm here to get things worked out" My co worker continued on yelling at both the principal and me and I finally said "If what you said isn't true I wouldn't be here and why did you cut down
    2 other staff this past week for no reason?" After that was said my co worker was dead silent, I then said you work in Special Ed. just like I do and I'm sure many students take meds, have sz. just like I do so how can you work with them if
    you are giving me a hard time?" That's when the principal spoke up and agreed with me 100% my co worker got mad and left the office and the principal asked me to stay to tell me I handled the issue the correct way and that things will be
    taken care of, the principal also told me I wouldn't be written up nor am I in any trouble. He was on my side all the way. What my co worker and principal doesn't know is that I reported this matter to my local epilepsy support group so if
    anymore garbage starts up the lawyer will come down to the school and have it out with the principal and any other co workers that cause problems. Here's wishing all of you only the best, thanks for all of your support and info., May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Hi Folks,
    I got a surprise this week after the big cut down at work my co worker was told to either transfer to work at another school or to retire. I have no idea what my co worker did but I do know that my co worker is no longer
    at the same place of employment as I am. I was hoping things would work out for us but my co worker just got more angry at me for speaking to the principal about the matter. In the long run the principal agreed with me that
    nobody should be cut down because they have epilepsy or any other medical condition. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Glad it is over for you and that things seem to have worked out. That's a lot of stress. When I filed the complaint as you may recall regarding my school's attitude, similar things happened in that the one responsible is not longer there, and the university is now complaint with Fed law when they weren't until then. You have made things better for those who will come after you as well as for those there now. God job! Tell me, what is the Epilepsy Support Group you referred to that has a lawyer? I have seem any Epilepsy group actually do anything for us. May be my part of the country too. Tattoo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast