Thread: Hello, nice to meet you

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default Hello, nice to meet you

Hi, I'm lor. I have been coming to BT for years. In chit chat & in the epilepsy room (I,v had epilepsy for years) I may be coming here too. Today I went to the Dr. & was told I have spinal stenosis.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Lor, welcome to the spinal board. I hope your spinal stenosis isn't causing you too much pain. You will have started a new path with this diagnosis and there will be a lot of choices to take. I hope you check with people and get their experiences with the choices the dr gives you. One thing, surgery is something you can't go back and make it disappear so it should be your last choice but it is sometimes the choice you have to take.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life