First of all... it's been a really long time since I've been here! I don't even know if anyone here will remember me! I came here 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter Megan who was diagnosed prenatally with hydro. She has done great since Sept of '04 with her shunt, and we have had relatively good control of her seizures for about 2 years now. They have gone from 45 minute marathons to 1 minute and happen only about once or twice a year as opposed to once a week.

Anyway, my main reason for coming back was to see if anyone had experience/advice about our current issue. Megan has always been "fiesty" but usually was fairly compliant at home and school. She has been complaining more frequently about headaches and her behavior has taken a NOSE DIVE! She kicked/spit/hit/pinched her aide at school today while trying to throw herself back. She was screaming and inconsolable and had to be taken to the office to calm down. She is not throwing up, seems coherent (unless she is in the middle of one of these meltdowns), and is as stable on her feet as she usually is. She does seem to regain some control of her mood/reactions/emotions after resting and fairly frequently will fall asleep, given the chance, after a meltdown.

Any advice?

Heather