Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro from new member

Community Member

Welcome RustyBonz!
    I got "retired" at 42 and still have long hours when I can't sleep. I still do the things I enjoy, just a lot slower! This is a good place with nice, intelligent people who get the pain thing.
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Community Member

Welcome Mr Bonz,
    I don't get to post as much as I should, but wanted to welcome you here. I also had to stop working sooner than I wanted to at 43. I'm now 60 and still wake up at 5:45 am. just like I did when I was working.
    Think not that you are limited because of what you cannot do, but think instead of all you have, the talents God has given you. " D. De Haan "

Hi Rusty...sorry I did not see this sooner. Welcome to the site. Lots of really nice people and good advice. I am a few yrs older than you and don't do facebook or twitter either. Lots of factors in the retire early scenario but hope you can do it if that is what you want. I had to leave work in my 40's due to ill health and was blessed with get disability from my employer. I was dx'ed with Lyme Disease in the 90's and no amount of treatment made me better so I was left with alot of neuropathies and arthritis and pain issues that are chronic. But, as you will see here, I am not alone...we all have our cross to bear and considering, I am doing
    well.

If you want to bounce your pros and cons for retiring early off of the good folks here, just put OFF TOPIC and you want to discuss retirement and lots of folks will chime in. I hope the decision is happy one for you.

What are the specifics of your pain/discomfort?...if you feel like sharing.
    Take care, Diandra

Distinguished Community Member

Welcome to the forum, Rusty. I know what you mean about feeling lonely and desperate due to pain. I'm younger than you, and have been dealing with chronic migraines for my entire adult life. A couple of years ago, my migraines went constant and I now can't have much of a normal life at all. My pain meds help a lot, though. Without meds, my pain would be excruciating.

Chronic pain is lonely because those who don't have it just don't understand how limiting pain can be. That's why I like this forum. I've posted here for years.

It wasn't that long ago that I felt really "desperate" for pain relief. I'd been suffering severe migraines for years, but my neurologist really wasn't helping me very much. A few years ago I found a great pain management doctor. Now at least I don't have to suffer the way I used to. I'll never understand why non-PM doctors make their patients suffer so much.

Welcome!

Eva

Welcome to the forum. Hope you are doing well.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Cool

Welcome rusty - not to be wrongheaded but I have been here a long time and though you were anything but new. Hope this finds you well and out of pain as you can be.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12