Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New forum icons (work in progress)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why do you find the new icons hard to see?
    Like quite a few people with neurologic disorders, I have impaired vision. Some colors look faded or "desaturated." That's what's wrong with the icons. The green underlining, for instance, isn't at all easy to see. Reds and greens can look like black or dark brown to me. And to others with MS, I think.

Thanks for fixing the style chooser. Since the Biggie style doesn't seem to be using the new icons, I'll return to it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

That's because the particular type of icons that are being used are small and not defined real well. If you look at the difference between our old icons and the new ones you can tell the difference in quality and style. That is why I picked the icons in Planet Smilies. They are better quality so I just keep the site handy for my entertainment.

Blog Entries

I didn't expect everyone to love the new looks :) I purposefully left the "Biggie" and "vB4Default" styles alone as I knew there would be folks that didn't like the new icons. Yes the green underline is a bit hard to see, but in my opinion is easier to make out than the little green dot the default icons used. However I am actually working on another completely different set of icons keeping in mind our members with difficulties seeing small items.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Mike you are so awesome. Thank you for being so patient and understanding.

I like the new icons but I need to use the "biggie" style :( Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?

Blog Entries

Yes, no, and maybe Allow me to elaborate, yes means that I could make a new style based off of the biggie style and make it use the new icons. That's not a real big deal, but more than a few people would want that option. No means that you can't pick between the two sets of icons. The maybe means that it's possible to code a program that would allow our users to switch (which is something I have on the to do list) but will take me quite awhile to get done.

So if a dozen or so folks want to use the "biggie" style with the new icons I'll go ahead and set up a new style until I get the program coded. Otherwise you'll have to choose between them. You could always increase the font size by holding the ctrl button and using your mouses scroll wheel.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

I'll just stick with the biggie style and wait for the new stuff to come.

Just a little bump :)

Any progress on letting us use different icons on the biggie style?

Blog Entries

I'm afraid this is on the back burner of the to do list :(

Step 1 - log in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast