Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT May Chit Chat

,, I have decided with each Chit chat thread, I will start it with a bouquet of flowers,,

I know this is early,

Hows it going ?,, its going here,, we been dealing with insurance hassels,, they said,, we have to pay the whole amount,:since according to their records, we have another insurance company,,,,like this isn't going to happen,,hopefuilly this is taken care of,, medical, has been met, so all the other bills are voided,,time will tell..

Has anyone seen "War Horse"?,, I hear its pretty good,,

Cheri.. we almost got her, she was the last female springer left in the litter,, I told her we would come get her Sunday, she is adorable,,but, in the mean time someone else showed up, and bought her,,"sigh",, I named her Oreo, she is black and white, like a oreo cookie,, there is more out there,,

later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Peg for starting the new thread and thanks for the Spring flowers. Hope you are feeling better.

Sally, I guess your DD and family would be back in town by now so maybe you are feeling a bit more confident. Sometime I get that way and then I remind myself that I cannot afford to because I do not have any children. My brother called this morning, but just to tell me what is going on with his children and I might not hear from him again for a couple of weeks. He is very busy with wife, children and work, and I have to remind myself of that. His children are grown. Youngest one starts to college this year, but it doesn't seem to matter, he is still so involved in their lives. All three of them. He is real busy helping his oldest (26 years) in his business, and it seems his 22 year old daughter who has graduated from college calls on him as much as ever. The youngest one who is starting college this year got "The Arnold Palmer Golf Scholarship" to Wake Forest University. My brother and his wife are always traveling to his golf tournaments. That has been going on since he was about 8 years old. Last week they were down near Augusta, Georgia where he played in The Junior Invitational. The top 54 kids in the world were invited to play. President Bush spoke the first night at dinner. My nephew came in 6th place. I enjoy hearing what the kids are up to, but wish I could be more a part of things.

At certain tournaments when they are interviewed by the press I get to see the tape of it on the internet. My brother will let me know about it. At this one my nephew was one who was interviewed by Golf Weekly and I watched that. It is interesting to see them grow up.

Nuthatch, when I read what you told Gary about Apple Cider Vinegar and hearburn, I was almost about to send him that same post. I have not had to try it myself, but have heard that it does work. Gary, if it would work for you it would be a simple and wonderful solution to that particular problem. Then if some of the people on here could only solve some of your other problems you would be in fne shape.

I guess Cherie is off on her cruise this week. I wish I felt like doing something like that, but at this point I really don't have the desire.

Rene, did you get your paint job done and your tile put down? If so do you like it?

Well, I have new little baby birds. I had a wreath on my front door for decoration and a bird built a nest in it and layed her eggs. They have hatched. I had the wreath hanging on the glass door outside my big door. When I realized she had built the nest I moved it over to a light fixture so that the door would not disturb them. I have long windows that go beside my doors and I can see them from one of them. I am still using my back door because the Mother would fly off every time I went on the front porch. I have to go out to water some plants about every other day and if anyone comes she flys off, but she comes back. She is feeding them now. I have not been able to count and see how many there are. There were five eggs and I am hoping they all hatched and will live. The Daddy comes around quite a bit. The day some of them hatched he came a lot and even got in the nest with the Mother and the babies.

Hope everyone has a good month.
    Virginia

Community Member

Good time to catch the thread. When they grow so long it baffles my brain. LOL I've been good and keeping busy. Thank goodness the kids have been OK with these tornados.

Peg sorry you didn't get your puppy. That wasn't nice!
    Virginia? I really enjoyed ur bird tale. Congratulations to ur nephew.
    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
    John Donne

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy May Day, everybody!

Peg, it's too bad you didn't get the dog you wanted. Is there another possibility?

Virginia, of course you put that wreath out just to some birds could nest in it--any idea what type of birds these are? Must be interesting to have them so close by you can just peek in on them.

Hi, LaCeli!

I'm still getting used to mousing with my left hand. I don't know if this is going to work. And getting used to the closed-caption phone. So far, it's been a great improvement over my old phone.

Busy getting to appointments for hearing aid repair, eye doctor, routine lab work, and now it seems still more dental work.

I'm glad it's all fairly routine stuff. Some people here have been going through medical torture, and positive vibes are being sent to them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Community Member

Thought I'd pop in before this post gets too long for me to keep up with. Hello to everyone.
    Have a Dr. Appt to get the results of my breast biopsy, fingers crossed all is well there.
    Wanted to wish everybody a happy May...I hope it's springtime wherever you are.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

thanks Whisper, It's 6 years since you wrote that, but it is now May 5, 2012. Happy May to everyone. OOPS I made a mistake, you wrote this today. LOL
    Lorraine (lor)

Lorraine, you had my head spinning when you said six years. LOL

Agate, I have no idea what kind of birds, but Daddy has a lot of red under his neck and on his chest. Very pretty. Mother does not have that. They are kind of small birds. Daddy really thinks pretty highly of himself. He has stopped coming as often as he was. Oh well, just like a man. Of course that does not include Howie, Gary or the Mods!!!

I went to my Physical Therapist again today. I am so pleased with her. She spends the whole 45 minutes with me. If I could bring her home I could really make some progress. I have walked wrong for so long I have a real hard time getting my body to do what I want it to. She can put her hands on my hips or where ever she wants me to change something and I can feel it and try to do it, but then when I get home I can't tell if I am doing it right or not. I will keep trying.
    Someone looking at me would not be able to tell I was walking that wrong (unless I am overly tired).

Where's Gary and Sally?

Guess we will hear from Jeannie when there is something to report. I know they are just so stressed.
    Virginia

Whisper- I pray your biopsy is "no evidence of disease." Please let us know.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Community Member

Biopsy was fine, but now need an MRI of the breast. Don't know what an MRI will tell them that a biopsy wouldn't...but oh well, I just do what I'm told...lol

Thanks for caring.
    I don't know where you got that I wrote this 6 years ago, lor, but it wasn't.

Anyway, again, happy May everyone.
    Lorraine :)

Community Member

Hello back Agate.
    Whisper, I'm so glad the biopsy was good. God Bless.
    "No man is an island entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"....
    John Donne

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast