Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired and needing sleep!

Distinguished Community Member

IMABIGPAIN - I suffer from the exact same symtoms I take Xanax but that is not a good sleep med. Benadry wil help for a nifgt or two then you have to wait a week or so before it wil help again. My doc. wo't do sleep meds becacause of the other meds I take, Xanax being the principal one so now I just fall asleep in my chair when I can. I wish you luck, not sleeping is a b-----.
    Blessings
    alex44
    skypilot

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Community Member

I know this is an old thread, but i suffer from the same problem -- lack of sleep. Benadryl doesn't work for me, and I don't dare take Xanax because I became addicted to it years ago -- and I could get addicted to lint! I have a very addictive personality, so I have to be very careful what I take!

There are times I'm awake for 2-3 days at a time, before I finally go to sleep for any length of time. It really drives me nuts. it's a good thing I don't work outside the home or I'd be a zombie! LOL And if you add brain fog to that, they'd probably admit me to a mental hospital and lock me away forever! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well. It would be nice if they could find a safe way to put us to sleep without addictive medications. Take care all, and God bless! Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member

sorry to hear you have sleep problems also. I go from not sleeping to sleeping way to much. can't seem to figure it out and of course I do not accomplish much of anything either way my sleeping pattern is. It is bad for people who do have an addictive nature having to take medicines. each new drug I have to take scares me until I see how it works in my system. I am always afraid of getting on something addictive. I would hate being out of control and miserable. ((((HUGS)))) back to you and take care.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

New Community Member

Benadryl is a good choice. I agree. Also helps stop my nighttime leg cramps.
    Inflammation after a car accident is my main cause of LOS (lack of sleep).
    So I take omega 3 and omega red krill. Also I bought a pound of organic turmeric (ground) and a tsp in hot water every morning is my wake up tea.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Welcome to BrainTalk, FineArtist. I am happy to see posting here in 2015. I know there are many still here that suffer from this awful pain. I'm wondering if anybody else have good news about Fibro. I'm not making too much sense, but I have been hurting bad recently. It never goes away, but now and again other painful area's take over.

I hope to here from others on this. Take care all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Community Member

Lyrica works well for Fibro, I've been taking it for a long time. Very expensive if you aren't covered for it and I'm not but it has been worth it. I have switched to medical marijuana from opiates and it is even better than I expected. It works better if you ingest it, with less side effects. You also need to try different types and amounts. I am almost off Lyrica and Flexeril because of it. It helps me sleep and be able to go back to sleep if I wake up during the night. leafly.com has a lot of information about different types of MMJ.
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years
    4-12-09 Trip to Laser Spine in Florida. Nerve pain 90% gone.
    Off opiate, using Marijuana tincture, working well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12