Hey all need support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all need support

Hey all,I have really bad anxeity.It takes alot to get out of the house.I am on xannax and Zolaft for it.But that dont always help.I cant drive because I am TERRORFIDED to drive.I have nightmares that I kill someone.I am 20 and have only driven around the yard and that scared me.I can be happy one day or a couple then I can be upset and either hollering and fussing with people or crying the next week.I have learned if i start to get upset go somewhere quiet away from everyone and that calms be down.Also sometimes listening to music will help.
    Kee, Fibro for 10yrs ,IBS for 15yrs ,Anxetiy for about 2yrs.I am 20yrs old.
    God is Good! I love ALL animals
    Mom to D.O.G.(german sheperd mix 11yrs old),Radar(Chihuahua 8yrs old) Nutz(lab mix 3yrs old) and Callie(calico kitty 16yrs old) I am also Sissy to 5 more chihuahuas.

You dear girl, I am glad you found us. I remember being in the same spot as you. Truly I do and I am an old woman now. We had a big place and daddy let me drive around our place some. But getting on the road was awful. I had to learn tho as my daddy died from lung cancer. Wish I had my license before he died but after well, no way could I work and get groceries etc for mother and myself without driving on road. She did not know how to drive either so it was up to me. .

I say just keep practicing. For sure get the drivers book, learn the rules and everything while you are getting up your nerve. I look forward to hearing that you have made it as well.

Comment

Thanks Joy,I have the book and have read it and everything but I cant get up the nerve when i start studing the rules and all.Thinking about getting them When I go to sleep I have a nightmare about driving.
      Attached Files
      Mom to D.O.G.(german sheperd mix 11yrs old),Radar(Chihuahua 8yrs old) Nutz(lab mix 3yrs old) and Callie(calico kitty 16yrs old) I am also Sissy to 5 more chihuahuas.

Comment

Oh hon how terribly scary for you. I have been there. If I really had a choice I probably would not go out if I didn't have to but I have a child and lots and lots of doc appts. It does seem that the older I get the less I give a crap how I appear to other people.

Have you done any kind of therapy? I am sure that you could find the right therapist, psychiatrist team and they could help you work on that horrible phobia.

Are you afraid of cars period or can you be a passenger? Is driving the only thing you are afraid of?

How long have you been on your med combo?

I was on the same less than a year ago. Managed to come off of my anxiety med but still take something for depression. Am taking Effexor right now. I also take Pamelor for my fibro. It is one of those meds that you really aren't sure if it is working until you stop taking it. Started sleeping like a baby once I hit that perfect med combo.

Comment

Hey there I'm, I've been where you are and revisit it somedays. If you are in a state of terror just put it on a back burner until you feel better. Sometimes we just aren't up to a task. If you are this concerned about it you probably won't do as well than you'd do if you feel more confidence. You are going through something, I don't know what it is but deal with that for now and just get better.

Comment

I didn't learn to drive until I was 21. then in my 50's I gave up driving for various medical reasons. it's the pits to not be independant! it's been so long now that if I have to drive just to the end of the driveway I feel anxious. not good but I deal with it. since you don't HAVE to drive at this point.....why not just forget it for now? you need to find the source of your anxiety. or at least get on the right meds to give some relief.

we're learning things about you,but I'm curious if you have friends you emjoy being with or if you're a student?? you are far too young to just stay home & give up on having an active life.

do you have any hobbies? a talent of some kind you might pursue?

you don't have to answer any of these questions of course. we just like to get to know each other so we can share in our life stories.

BTW welcome to BT. this site really does have alot of caring people & we hope you will benefit as we have.

((((hugs)))) Pati

Comment

I hate that you have nightmares. Have you tried telling yourself that you will not have a bad dream before you go to sleep? Sounds stupid but I have resorted to doing that myself. Doesn't mean it will work. But I kept telling myself that every night anyway. Didn't hurt anything. I hope you study that book until you know it forward and backward. Is there anyone that could question you? So you could see how well you know the answers?

I say keep studying so that you do excellent on the written part. I doubt you could be more anxious than I was back when I knew I had to go get my liscence. It was a terrible time in my life, our house was so empty after mother and I went back home after being in VA hospital for over 6 months. I remember sitting on my cedar hope chest in my room. It all seemed like a dream that couldn't be happening.

Comment

I'm, blame it on the news partially. All we hear about are these horrendous car accidents and plane crashes. I'm terrified to fly now after so much publicity about crashes plus terrorists floating around freely all over the place.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buttons2 View Post
                  I didn't learn to drive until I was 21. then in my 50's I gave up driving for various medical reasons. it's the pits to not be independant! it's been so long now that if I have to drive just to the end of the driveway I feel anxious. not good but I deal with it. since you don't HAVE to drive at this point.....why not just forget it for now? you need to find the source of your anxiety. or at least get on the right meds to give some relief.

we're learning things about you,but I'm curious if you have friends you emjoy being with or if you're a student?? you are far too young to just stay home & give up on having an active life.

do you have any hobbies? a talent of some kind you might pursue?

you don't have to answer any of these questions of course. we just like to get to know each other so we can share in our life stories.

BTW welcome to BT. this site really does have alot of caring people & we hope you will benefit as we have.

((((hugs)))) Pati
                  Hey No I dont have any friends.Umm.I had to stop going to school because I hurt so bad.I took my GED and passed.I LOVE to work with animals I can help scared animals come out of their shells.And I love doing it.I have put driving on the back burner for now.But I have one Uncle who pushes the fact and want listen he dont believe anything is wrong with me.He just tells me you are young you can do anything.He thinks I just dont WANT to drive that aint true.I CANT because I am so Scared,but he dont get that.So it is hard when I go around him and I see him a good bit I just try to ignore him but sometimes I get mad at him or will start crying and he dont care.

Comment

tell your uncle to drop it,first place none of his business & second it's your life & when you are ready to will learn to drive.

well that's great that you have a love for animals! do you have any pets? have you ever considered volunteer work @ a shelter? or zoo?

having something to look forward to might help with the anxiety. when we help someone (or something) else it helps US.

another benefit would be making friends. everyone needs a friend.

just something you might think about......

Comment

Thanks
                      I try to make friends and they just turn on me so I just make friends on the computer and talk to people on here and stuff that understand me.
                      Yes I have animals I have one 16yr old cat 6chihuahuas 1lab mix and 1 german sheperd mix.The cat (callie) and one of the chihuahuas(Radar) and the lab mix (Nutz) r my babies I love them to death.I take care of them and play with them.And I keep my cat brushed and when she needs meds I do it.Also I help take care of the others to.I clip claws and stuff.Also The German sheperd mix she is outside she is about 12yrs old.She is my baby to she has been with us since we found her on the road when she was about 4months old she loves to be carried and loved but she has got old now and it hurts her to be held to long now.But she is still my baby.Nutz was also found on the road.He is 3yrs old.And I BIG baby lol he weighs about 55pounds but thinks he weighs 5pounds lol.He was somewhat scared when he showed up and he was realllly skinny and dehydrated when we found him but I work with him and he his fat sassy and best of all happy lol.He was about 3months old when we found him.My chihuahua Radar will be 8yrs old this year I have had him since he was 7months he was this little scared dog that would bite anyone but me.He has always loved me.He is my baby he pick me as his person I worked and worked with that dog.It took about 2yrs after I got him.But know at 7yrs old he is the sweetest boy and loves everyone.He is a really good boy and knows alot of tricks.

Comment

Working...
                      X