Hi All been a long time have a question about your LDN and expiration date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All been a long time have a question about your LDN and expiration date

How long does LDN last, I have a large bottle and it expired last month but hate to throw it out. I seem to remember someone told me they last one year, but when I called the pharma they said 6 months. Any one take theirs past the expiration date? Thanks so much.
    Dxed MS in 2004, spinal problems, anxiety and depression.
    Taking Low Dose Naltrexone.

Originally posted by Matthew's Mom View Post
    How long does LDN last, I have a large bottle and it expired last month but hate to throw it out. I seem to remember someone told me they last one year, but when I called the pharma they said 6 months. Any one take theirs past the expiration date? Thanks so much.
    I could swear that Skips used to give it a year, but 6 mos exp is now on my bottle. Hmmmmmm. I'm taking some expired ones right now (exp in nov 2011).....working like a charm, I think..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

I don't know about LDN specifically but I did find this:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

It's an article "Finding a Drug's Real Expiration Date" that appeared in 2010.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

thanks Sally, mine expired march 2012 so I think I'll take them : ) Agate will check out the link now, thanks so much !
        Dxed MS in 2004, spinal problems, anxiety and depression.
        Taking Low Dose Naltrexone.

Comment

This is a question on expiration dates in general. Whenever I get a prescription filled they always but on expiration date one year to the day on the container. Is there anyway to gauge what the real expiration date is? No one gives drugs out in their original container from the drug company.

Comment

newone, the article I gave a link to in my earlier post says that unless the drug is for a life-threatening condition (nitroglycerin for a heart condition, for instance) or is an EpiPen for asthma, you can probably use it for at least a year past the expiration date the pharmacy has put on the label.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X