wonderful photos of the golfball in my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful photos of the golfball in my

foot. What did you think I was gonna say lol.

No I took photos for all of you folks can share my pain.

2010-03-12 013.jpg2010-03-12 007.jpg2010-03-12 025.jpg2010-03-12 023.jpg
    Last edited by houghchrst; 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM.

Actually, I thought you were gonna say that one landed in your plantER, not your plantAR!
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

(((chris))) !

geez...how can you walk on that? i imagine not very well

it almost looks like a callus. i burned the knuckle on my baby finger like 20 years ago. when it was healing, a wart grew there! i had never had a wart before and i didn't know what it was. i went to the dermatologist (this was before you had to get permission from your family doctor to see anyone else, so you know it was a long time ago) and she said i had a wart. she put something on it and told me to wash it out in 4 hours. when i did, the wart just broke off and my knuckle healed. i know now it must have been a chemical that "burns" away dead skin.

anyway, i remember you saying you didn't think it was a callus, you thought a combination of meds would get rid of it but your doc didn't want to do it...is that right what i'm remembering? could it be a cyst?

whatever it is it does look uncomfortable.

sorry you have had it so long and no one seems to want to take it seriously...

jeannie
      WE ARE BT!
      "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
      "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
      "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Hahahaha Beader, that's pretty funny, *snort* lol. Sher get's the award for Monday's pun!!! Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... You may wear the crown for a day.

Oops I posted prematurely, Jeannie it is the scar tissue from my plantar fasciitis surgery that was botched. Then I had to have another in the same foot but properly and that worked. I had it done in both feet, properly, and it has worked but now I have arthritis in feet and ankles from walking off for 11 yrs, and the first surgery's scar tissue. I can feel the plantar fascia tighten and raise in the bulging scar tissue when I arch my foot and the scar tissue pulls on it. I am sure there are some nerves tangled up in it too but I need some pics done so I can see exactly what all is involved.

That is callus also, it gets callused from walking and it rubs on the ground or my shoe. It swells and turns an angry red. you can see just at the back of the scar tissue ball that there are two creases in the skin of my foot in front of my heel. This is where the ball has displaced the skin forming the creases.

The docs that I found during my research are at Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... a site that sent me to their message boards. They had been discussing their methods for reducing problem scar tissue. It was probably about 3 years ago and I did mention it to my ortho and he pretty much dismissed it out of hand then went and talked to a co worker and came back and said there wasn't much they could do unless I wanted them to operate on it. I know who the co worker is, I had seen her regarding my feet way back when I got diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. She lied to my face, accidentally sent a letter that was meant to go to my primary doc to me. So I know how screwy the information was compared to what I was telling her. I confronted her about the letter and she said there could have been no such mistake and got huffy and went and finished doing my paperwork near the nurse's station. I haven't seen her since.

I didn't save the site so I had to do a bit of Googling to find it again and I joined, posted and the doctors that had the discussion responded to my post. They gave me some advice and as soon as I get results from testing and can tell them exactly what type of scar tissue it is and what is tangled up in it they may be able to give me a bit of advice.

There are several types of scar tissue but mine is either keloid or hypertrophic scar tissue

Keloid scars are usually the result of a scar healing process that may have been overly aggressive. The extensions of keloid scars go beyond the original skin injury and mobility or certain body movements may be affected by it over the time. Possible treatment of keloid scars are through steroids injections or surgical removal. For small keloid scar, a freezing therapy or otherwise known as cryotherapy; this is done by freezing the scar with liquid nitrogen upon removal. Keloid formation can also be prevented by gel pads with silicone or pressure treatments whenever you sustain any kind of major skin injury.

Hypertrophic scars are similar to keloid scars, raised and red but the only difference are this type of scar stay in the injury site and doesn’t breach the boundaries of it like keloid scars do. The inflammation of the scar can be reduced by steroid injections.

See now I copied that but all the research shows that steroid injections do not work very well but it is of course the most widely used method for scar tissue and of course a bunch of other issues we suffer from.

The combination of medication I found is supposed to contribute to the scar tissue breaking down as opposed to just a general steroid.

Today I am in agony and can barely walk. I have found that it hurts less to walk with my shoes on but I am not wearing my shoes to the bathroom or kitchen lol. I worked out in the yard yesterday, in my shoes, and so today I am limping to and fro.

I don't know what is going on but they seem to be getting worse so I am looking forward to my next appt.
        Last edited by houghchrst; 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

sorry for your misery Chris! now my mind really wants to know how you managed to contort yourself to take that picture or are you one of those smarties that can place the camera somewhere & click?

hope you get some relief soon! (((big toe huggies))) Pati
          (that's meant to be a joke-pinch your big toe & the bottom of your foot will feel better)
          Last edited by Buttons2; 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X