Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: does this sound like Epilepsy to anyone???

Community Member

I would only recommend you see a Epilepsy Neurologist and get their evaluation.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

You can see there are so many reasons that such and such happens when such & such occures, that each situation is different. The best thing to do is see a neurologist, who can pin point things.
    Lorraine (lor)

Welcome feelingfoggy,

Yes, with the different types of symptoms you have described, this certainly does sound like it could be some kind of partial seizure. The only thing that makes me a bit concerned is the loss of appetite, which seems to last quite a long while after the "episode". All the symptoms you have described can all be attributed to seizures, but another important thing to think about what is causing those seizures. Since seizures can be a symptom of of a more serious problem. This is why you should see a neurologist as soon as possible just to be sure there is no serious underlying cause, and if so catch it asap. (i.e: aneurysm, cancer etc.) After any other issues have been ruled out, or dealt with, then the neurologist can focus on treating the seizures, if that's indeed what they are.

All the best.
    Last edited by Firehorse; 04-23-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Firehorse

Community Member

THANKS To so many ppl who has took an intrest in my case. I am waiting now for a call with a nuero.
    You all know how scared I am to go to sleep at night. But WAIT let me say I am not scared for me, but my daughter and husband who are both disabled. I loose control over my bladder and bowels and at times they say I have trouble breathing. They don't know how to handle me. I'm a pretty large woman and they simply cannot manuver me around. Oh Forgot I'm also throwing-up at these times also, this affects my breathing as I am almost always on my back. So they call the EMS . We cannot afford this, it always means a trip to the hospital. I have stayed as little as a few hrs, 2 days,and then with the pnumonia7days yes I realize most of that was pnumonia, but it stared at home with a seizure
    You know I understand that I left school in the 9th grade ,but I swear I used to know how to spell even if I didn't know my grammer. LOL If I don't laugh I will cry. That is what gets me the most right now. I just want to learn how to type and talk again.
    Thanks again for listening

Becca
    Last edited by feelingfoggy; 04-24-2012 at 06:45 AM.

It is quite normal during a seizure for the person to appear to have breathing problems. This may include that the person may even stop breathing for portion of the seizure, and appear cyanotic. This is an appearance of a blue or purple coloration of the skin or mucous membranes due to the tissues near the skin surface being low on oxygen. A little shocking, but totally normal. After a seizure, if they can turn you onto your side to keep the airway clear, that would be best. If they need help to do so, by all means call the EMS. Though unless you have injured yourself from the seizure, there is no need for a trip to the hospital, and even if the EMS were called, you can refuse treatment and not go to the ER, saving you the expense of the ambulance. They will just leave after you sign a form.

Best,
    Firehorse

Community Member

I have lupus. This might be where my seizures come from. Although I remember having staring spells when I was a very small girl. But, I remember those, these I have now I can't remember. I was only dx'ed with lupus 10yrs ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123