Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: does this sound like Epilepsy to anyone???

Community Member

Thanks For All The Information.
    They could be caused by my lupus and/or fibro meds. But I've been on these same meds for YEARS now. I'm pretty sure it isn't my hormones as I had a full hysterectomy back when I was 35 I am now almost 42 and I take no hormones or supplements. The(seizures) if that is what they are, started on Thanksgiving 2010. We don't know when "they" stop, it seems like they go on for hours. I seem to start out staring at the ceiling,then I start throwing-up, then I really mess my self up if you get my "meaning". That is the part that goes on and on. The messy, throwing-up part. It takes me hours to come to again also. My last one I did come in and out of consioness (SP) more easily . Man I have a killer headache during this too. The headaches last about a week. I wake up after about12-24 hours. I am also sooooo cold, no fever though. But I don't remember what goes on during these times. My hubby and daughter have to tell me.

Some more Great Information for you! from Rose.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Becca,

If I may ask do you get headaches before the seizures happen? I know before I started having seizures I had wicked migraine headaches that would last for hrs. and the migraine headaches then turned into
    seizures for me. I'm wondering if you are maybe getting bad migraines that are causing you to get sick as well as have seizures. You might want to speak to the neurologist about this when you see one. Here's wishing
    you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

Sue,
    No I get my headaches after the "seizure". I have suffered with headaches since long before my hysto. The hysto seemed to stop most of them. But again the headache are there after I come back to.

Quote Originally Posted by feelingfoggy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sue,
    No I get my headaches after the "seizure". I have suffered with headaches since long before my hysto. The hysto seemed to stop most of them. But again the headache are there after I come back to.
    Hi Becca,

Thank you for responding back to me so quickly. I know I always got headaches after a seizure until I had surgery done and then the headaches stopped along with the sleepiness I felt after a seizure.
    At this point my best advice to you is to try the ketogenic diet as I had mentioned before and see if that helps reduce your seizures. If you are interested you can get the book titled "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" by
    Dr. John Freeman from Hopkins University. This book will tell you how the diet works and how it reduces and stops seizures for many people.
    Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

Hi Sue,
    I don't know if I could stay on the Ketogenic diet. I am a horribly picky eater. There is only a few things that I eat. I don't eat like a grown woman ought to. But, I will look into and see what it does allow. BTW I saw my GP on the 18th and he is referring me to a neurologist. The GP's office will call me back and give me the date. THANKS for all your help.

Hi Becca,

Just like you I'm a very picky eater. A lot of it is do to the AED's I take especially the Diamox because it curbs my appetite. Just try and cut back on the starch foods and carbs and see if that will help you.
    I wish you the best of luck with your new neurologist.

Wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

Default Hi Sue

I will look into the keto diet.
    I'm hoping it won't take long to get into a neurologist, but I have no ins so it could take a while to find one to work with me.
    Becca

Hi Becca,

The diet will help you reduce your sz. and you won't have to take so many AED's (sz. meds) so this will save you money. If you need help with insurance you can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 or your local
    Epilepsy Support group and they can help you out financially so you can see a neurologist and get meds. They can also help you get medical insurance at a good price.
    I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Becca)))))))

So glad that your GP referred you for a neurology consult. I hope you have that appointment very soon, and that the neuro will be able to diagnose you and offer appropriate treatment.

Healing prayers for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast