Thread: OT. Celebrate this miracle liver transplant story on Good Friday (Christian content)

Distinguished Community Member

Thumbs up OT. Celebrate this miracle liver transplant story on Good Friday (Christian content)

G'day neuro buddies old and new.

As we celebrate Christ's miraculous resurrection over Easter, here is a heart warming story of God's awesome power on Good Friday.

At Alison's school, Mt. Evelyn Christian School, where she teaches and where I taught piano for 20 years, there is a student Bek, who is 14 and who until yesterday desperately needed a liver transplant. She had been on the waiting list for a liver for 18 months. For the last month she has been in the children's hospital critically ill. Her liver basically had almost completely conked out. Bek was fed nasally, she was in a lot of pain and other internal organs apart from her liver, were in very bad shape.

Bek's whole family are Christians who can say with absolute assurance that 'Jesus is Lord' :) During the time that we have been involved in supporting the family, Kerrie, Bek's mum's faith has never faulted. Her posts have been so inspiring. She always believed that God would give Bek a new liver during Easter. To give you an idea of how Spirit filled Bek is, for her Make A Wish, wish, she went into a recording studio and sang 5 Christian songs for her CD. How unreal is that :)

Kerrie, Bek's mum on Thursday, was probably the lowest she could have been. On Facebook she wrote.

Another day has passed - yet no call. There is nothing left to do but to praise our Awesome God - for He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love.......
    This is all I have left to do- I do not know how much longer I can go on, and I don't know how much more Bek's small, frail body can stand - but He does, so all I can do is sing praises.

Throughout the ordeal with Bek being on the waiting list for a liver over 18 months, Kerrie, was now on the verge of emotional breakdown. Bek had now been in hospital for almost a month and was suffering a lot with pain and many other health issues.

And then Kerrie wrote on Good Friday morning at 12.08 am!

AS PROMISED - CAPITAL LETTERS AND NEON LIGHTS - AT 12:08 THIS MORNING I RECEIVED THE CALL!!!!!!!!
    BEK WILL BE PREPPED FOR THEATRE WITH THE PLAN TO GO IN AT 9AM - WE WILL NOT HAVE 100% CONFIRMATION THAT IT WILL GO AHEAD UNTIL AROUND 10AM.
    PLEASE PRAY FOR THE DONOR AND THEIR FAMILY. THE DONOR LIVER WILL NOT NEED TO BE CUT DOWN - THIS IS THE IDEAL - THIS IS GOD AT WORK!!!
    I WILL UPDATE HERE AS I AM ABLE TOMORROW!!!
    OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD

This was amazing and so exciting. To be told at 12.08 am on Good Friday is unreal. But there was still the extremely distressful time of waiting until 10 am for confirmation.

Then at 10.57 am on Good Friday Kerrie wrote

UPDATE: Please continue to pray - Bek is prepped and ready, family is all here and some special visitors have been, but surgery delayed as surgeon wants a biopsy of the donor liver - there is some question over whether surgery will go ahead. At this stage theatre is booked for 1pm - God has placed today on my heart - I believe it will still go ahead!

The tension was enormous and warfare prayer was needed. Satan was doing everything he could to stop the transplant going ahead by influencing the surgeon to reconsider the operation because of possible mismatching of the organ tissue. Dozens if not hundreds of people worldwide were praying.

Then the awesome Hand of God moved. Mountains were moved in prayer, and Kerrie wrote at 12.26 pm Good Friday.

It's all systems go at 1pm!!!!! They don't expect her to be out until around midnight but will try to update later. Thank you all for your messages and prayers - the day has been crazy and bek is exhausted but yay - it's happening!!!!

God gave Bek a healthy liver on Good Friday. Not a resurrected body in heaven, but what will be a regenerated healthy body here on earth :)There was a few seconds of Bek on TV during the Good Friday appeal which was taken before the transplant, and before anyone knew the transplant was going ahead. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YQdjkXc30

In the state we live in, on Good Friday, we have the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday appeal. The appeal is televised for about 12 hours on the TV. It is a big deal. Kerrie said that as she an her husband walked around the hospital today, every was telling them how thrilled they were about the transplant :)

Bek is still in ICU and needs prayers. She is intubated and there are issues about pain. But the doctors are very happy regarding the operation and the condition of the transplanted liver.

If you can confidentally say that Jesus is Lord, please pray for Bek and her family for protection of them as they testify of their miracle.

Please pray for comfort for the family who lost a loved one and kindly gave a liver to Bek.

God bless and as my buddy with the same Christian name Kenneth Copeland would say, 'Jesus is Lord'.

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.

Ps. Grant is in good championship mode. I have not posted here for a while as we have Alison's mum (90 years old) staying with us for about a month because her husband (90 years old) fell 2 weeks ago and got a 'corked' thigh. He is in rehab recovering and Alison's mum will stay with us until things are worked out. She is easy to care for, but of course we are very busy :)
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Now this story makes me happy. Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. For both keeping your promise like you said you would. I will be praying. All the best of luck to Bek.

Happy Easter, Paul,Allison and Grant!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Paul))))))

Giving thanks and praise for Bek's new liver, and praying for healing and strength in her recovery. My prayers are also with the loved ones of the donor that they may find comfort and peace, especially in knowing that they gave this lovely 14 year old girl a second chance as her hopes were fading. May Bek thrive with her new liver and live a long, healthy, happy life.

I've missed you, Paul, so thanks for explaining your absence. I'm sending healing prayers for Alison's dad too.

Glad to hear that the Champ is well.

God Bless you all.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Such a good story, but its ture. I glad to hear that it has a good ending. I have a friend waiting for liver transplant in Singapore. I know how to encourage him. As long as we have a firm belief that we will eventually overcome difficulties.