Thread: Question;

Distinguished Community Member

Question Question;

Does anything know/ think that getting very excited, (in a goood, way,) and really
    deeply involved in a conversation about something they were really passionate about, develop into
    auras, followed by a seizure? Do you think, that, kind of excitement could do something to the
    brain? Do you think, someone who could have seizures, needs to be more low key?

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

There could be a possibility that all of the excitment you are feeling can in turn effect the nervous system firing up neurons in the brain and then iit triggers a sz. Most of the time it happens when a person is under
    stress as I'm sure you know. Now you have me curious and I think I will study this a little to learn more. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Ponygirl!

Of course there is a possibility...

I would suggest keeping a seizure log and finding out what your own personal triggers are.

EDIT:
    If one keeps a complete log; including previous activities, illnesses, etc. in time one may be able to see a pattern developing.

e.g.; I found that I had a seizure 2 or 3 days before I developed my first symptoms of an illness or within a day after getting a scrape or a deep cut. This lead me to the conclusion that seizures were an indication that my immune system was kicking in to fight something off.
    Last edited by howdydave; 04-06-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add what I learned from keeping a log
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Thumbs up Sue, I *knew*, I could count on you to come to my rescue, thank you!

Yeah, I *thought*, something like that could bring on a seizure! I knew, all of that hideous laughing.
    *had*, to affect the brain?! Especially, my poor little pea-brain who, isn't used, to all of that!!...Lol
    I'm glad I was able to provide you with some food for thought and thank you for replying to mine!!
    As always, I truly appreciate how much you share so much of your knowledge with us!!:)

Phyllis

Phyllis

Dave, thank you!:) That's a wonderful idea!!:)

Hi Phyllis,

I'm glad I was able to help you out. I sure wish I could tell you more. It's wonderful having you and everyone else here on braintalk as a good friend.
    Thanks for all of your support and Understanding. May God Bless You!

Sue