Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Hangin' in there

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Saw Hank on Friday on my way to work at the gift shop. Whenever he started on getting out of the NH I told he about Dusty getting a haircut on Wednesday and that I got one also that day, when he said that he didn't need one I told him that I had given him a haircut on Easter. I think I repeated this about 5 - 6 times and every time it was a brand new piece of information for him. I also stopped after church today and we had a repeat conversation. I also brought him some munchies to snack on.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

Jan I am just so thankful that you are doing what you know you have to do. Sorry it has come to that

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I hope Hank had a nice birthday. You are the light in his life.
    Lorraine (lor)

Hank is in the hospital. This past Friday about 9;15 PM I got a call from the NH telling me that his blood sugar was high and they gave him insulin and then he had trouble breathing. After the blood test came back they said that he had had a mild heart attack and a start of pneumonia (sp?) They called Hank's heart doctor in Abilene and he told the ER what he wanted Hank to have and then Hank was admitted to the local hospital. Hank's test number were worse on Saturday and then he was taken to Abilene. Since I was still hooked up the local hospital got my verbal permission to transport him. My S-I-L and I went to Abilene and stayed until 4:40. I went to Abilene Sunday and then again Monday. Monday night I got a call from the hospital that Hank was so confused and agaitated and was pulling out his IVs. They transferred the call to his room so I could talk to him. Well, he couldn't hear me because h didn't have his hearing aids in. I talked real loud to get the nurse back on the phone and when she got on the phone I told her to give Hank his sleeping pill now and in 20 minutes it would take effect. I haven't heard back I told them that I was doing my treatment at night and couldn't come. I had thought of staying with Hank 23/7, but the stuff that I would have had to bring was just too much for me to handle The machine is 45 pounds plus I would have to carry all the bags and other supplies from the parking lot to his room. ........................... NO they are just going to have to deal with him!!!
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jan there is nothing that you can do there except cause confusion for him and heartache for yourself. You take care of you so that you are better able to deal with both of your issues. You get ill and you won't be able to care for either one of you.

((((((((((((hugs hun))))))))))))

Jan,no idea what equipment you need but totally agree with the idea you need to care for yourself now & let the doc's do their job with Hank. to stay strong you must take care of yourself first.

((((hugs)))) and thanks for the update. we all care & wish you better days ahead.

It is always so much worse on me if I cannot be there with loved one. It is for you as well I am sure but perhaps Hank will be tamer without your presence. And therefore maybe keep those tubes etc in him. Dear lady this is so hard on you. Just know we all are thinking of you and Hank are in our prayers.

Hank is getting the heart cath tomorrow and when I spoke to his doctor today at the hospital, he is well aware of Hank's confusion and can deal with it. The reason the nurse called me last night was that she thought that I lived in Abilene. Hank's afternoon nurse said that he would make the night shift aware that I am 60+ miles away. I am glad I didn't feel guilty that I didn't even attempt to go to Abilene last night!

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I'm praying for Hank

Today we got our new firepit. Fed Ex put it on the porch but didn't have me sign a paper saying they did. Wouldn't you think they would? We like sitting by the fire in the backyard in the summer. But not before late June in north west Ohio.
    Lorraine (lor)

Hank's doctor just called me (I have dialysis nurses coming today & I have to be here) He told me that there was a point that he thought that Hank wouldn't survive the procedure. A couple of veins tore and they had to scramble to get them repaired. Hank is in ICU and I will go to Abilene as soon as I can. God has his back.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast