Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Barometers

aka WEATHER STATIONS R US

I didn't know which forum to put this in, but decided on Fibro. According to the Weather Channel radar map, there's a storm brewing across the river, & it might as well be in my joints, muscles, & brain. However, my glass teapot nautical barometer is still flat. Am I more sensitive than it is???

I figured I'd start a thread for those of us afflicted with this baffling condition. If only I didn't need to go back & correct every other word I've just typed, I might feel more reassured. Sometimes, I just walk/sit around & moan out loud & that seems better. It doesn't make me feel any less pain, it just reinforces what's left of my waning sanity.

Weather Channel says barometric pressure is 30.09.
    Last edited by Beader; 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM. Reason: more info
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Beader, I have had headaches weather related for years, and they would not let up until it rained . The pressure would just build and build until I wanted to scream, the barametric pressure always does this to me. I have a brain aneurysm , and had a couple small strokes so spelling is not good for me but I just keep going. Yes we are weather people, glad to know there are others that can relate . My neuroligst said he has several patients that have said the same thing. We are not alone ! Ging :)

Comment

since I live in the lovely northwest where it rains more than it shines my daily mantra is a word I cannot use here! does it help? well of course not but it releases my anger @ constant pain somewhat!

have had a "new" pain lately,not sure if from fibro or arthritis (what difference does it make anyways?) the back of my hands! now this is going too far!! might have to come up with a new swear word!
      Attached Files

Comment

OK once again I seem to have attracted some images I had nothing to do with!

Comment

Sorry, Buttons, but I personally don't see any images. Do you still see them? Are they hiding somewhere?

Ging, I get all knotted up and sort of antsy before a storm, and when I finally give up to do my errands despite the weather, the minute I go outside, it begins to rain. My body must unconsciously sense the shift, because the raindrops start as soon as I back the car out of the driveway or venture out to the mailbox. Weird. However, if I'm already outdoors during a windy build-up to a storm, I enjoy it, almost relish it, and stay in the wind until some serious precipitation begins.
          Sher
          My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

this was the second time I had unkown images under my post. and yes they do go away soon,it's just weird & NO I haven't imagined this.

this flu bug/cold has made every bone in my body hurt. luckily it's improving despite the constant rain/wind storms going on. the damp does not do a body good!

I use Capzasin roll- on for my knees,hips,even back of my neck. this stuff burns & isn't cheap but it helps me so I keep it handy & never use on my hands.

I also sleep on a heated mattress pad,turned to low while sleeping. I turn it on high to get the bed warm for a few hours before bedtime.

Comment

The heated mattress pad sounds heavenly! I have a thick matress pad made of that pressure-sensitive foam whose name escapes me at this brain fog moment. But I also have a moist XL heating pad that lives on my recliner. They're pretty expensive & only available at medical supply drugstores, but sooo worth it! I've worked my way thru 3 already. Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
              Sher

Comment

Sher, don't know why I didn't think of a medical supply place for a heating pad! very hard to find in drugstores these days. how expensive is expensive? my mattress pad was pricey too. I think $40??

next on my list is a foam mattress!

Comment

I think the heating pad is from Thermaphore and costs $60-70 but lasts for years & covers your entire back. My cousins who have had plenty of back surgeries said their doc recommended it. You might check online at places like drugstore.com that offer free shipping on anything over $25. The foam mattress topper was from a store that's gone belly up -- maybe Linens N Things or Bed Bath & Beyond. But hey, that could be online too now. EVERYTHING is available online these days! It's a miracle!

I should warn you that the pressure sensitive mattress topper stinks to high heaven when you first open it. They squash it into the box so tightly that you can't believe it will spread out to cover whatever bed size you want. At first, it's like sticky Turkish taffy -- remember that stuff? Then it poufs to about 2 inches thick & you keep it under your regular mattress pad. It definitely heats up under your body & you have to get used to shifting around a bit during the night & tossing off your covers. But it gives you the back support of your mattress along w/ the comfort of egg crate plus.
                  Sher

Comment

ions in atmosphere

Hi, first time posting here. I have lifetime of migraine which stopped being isolated incidents in my teens and became a chronic and daily continuous headache now for 40 years, and then fibromyalgia for 18 years which as many of you know will make any migraine tendency worse.

Can't do much about the pain, certainly can't change the weather but am considering moving somewhere like a desert with constant high pressure and low humidity. Anyone suggest a place other than Siberia?! There must be areas of the states like this.

My neighbours ask me what the weather is going to do the next day... I am so sensitive to it. Worst for the head are big changes in barometric pressure - up or down - but humidity plays its part and here in rainy England there's a new weather front coming in just about every day so it's always changing and hard to pin down the exact combinations which aggravate the pain.

All I can say is I know my head feels crushed and wants to implode when barometer is dropping and I get really spaced out then want to explode when it is rising too fast. I also get a pain like a sharp spike up my nose that gets worse as the clouds build. As the rain starts running so does my nose as my sinuses drain, then I get some relief.

I have a weather station and it always agrees with my symptoms though my body registers an incoming front before it does. I can feel it coming 8-24 hours ahead.

Anyway, at least some doctors now recognise this phenomenon. They didn't when I first talked about it. I recently came across a long but good explanation of the health links to the flow of positive and negative ions and storm formation. I can't manage a weblink (glitch in its site or my brain) but you can find the article under Resources in the quantumbalancing.com.

Hope blue skies settle over all of us in another time and place!

Comment

hey JD just wondered how you were doing with spring coming. My barometer here seems to change daily. My trapezius is in a constant knot. Muscling through it though.

I love spring too much not to get out there and stir up the scent of fresh dirt....er mud.

Comment

I see this is an older thread too - but I hope some of you come back to it because there is a NEW phenomenon going on with the weather that is either MY MISTAKE or "being kept quiet"

- SUPER HIGH BAROMETRIC PRESSURE READINGS.

It could be my mistake - but my good quality home barometer is keeping normal track of the air pressure. Twice now it shot up to HIGH PRESSURES NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

One of those was about a week ago - December 1st, 2013., and a few days before and after. It stayed at 30.55 or higher for almost a week. I have never seen it past about 30.30 or 30.35 before. That might not sound like much, but historical records show readings staying within the 29.70 to 30.30 range for about 100 years.

The only other time was about a year ago - I made notes if anyone wants a specific date I can try to find them.

In case I am reading it wrong, my barometer the needle was pointing at the "3 or 4 o'clock position", but that might not be too scientific.

* I mostly want to confirm if anybody else has seen these super-high readings. ?? *

The bodily effect of the high period was "less Fibro-type pains, but more headaches". The low readings, when wet and cool, are "More fibro" and generally it is the CHANGE that bothers me the most, doesn't matter which direction the Baro is going, up or down. High readings often mean clear skies, and in winter that means cold temperatures, which bother my Fibro pains too, so it is a bit of a mixed bag that way.

Comment

Well my gosh, I thought everybody with Fibro had begun to believe their "Drs, saying it's all in your head" so ran off to join the circus. HA

Hi Sher, long time no see. Lil Queenie, been thinking of you and your little family, and hello to everybody else.

I haven't been here too much lately, just hanging out at the hospital. A real Drag!!~ I hardly remember things from 2 yrs. ago, much less what happened yesterday.

OK, enough of the pain that doesn't go away I have more to add to that, but it all has the same meaning. Yeah, Fibro, the catch all disease!!

I've discovered Fibro all over again. the treatment in hospital's leaves a lot to be desired. When I discovered I had COPD, and seizure's from pergutory I finally realized my "ole" problems were still with me, but had not been treated well.

So Sher dear, go ahead and start a thread about the weather and our never ending pain, ok? Good to see you again and sorry the pain level is sky high. My back sympathy and all other pain stuff. Maybe we can find a cure since the doc
                          s don't seem to want to.

s to all, Julia
                          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

I have one of those liquid ones and it has actually been overflowing blue liquid down my wall. I don't remember it doing that before.

The weather here in MI has been horrid and now that it has calmed my body has been hurting for tthe last two days. every joint aches and my trapezius and feet are screaming at me. all i want to do is nap, watch movies and eat my christmas bon bons.

Comment

Hey everybody. Lil queenie, been missing you sumtum awful!! Send me a note and let me know how all are doing. Sher, been missing you too. I feel you fain, dear one. It's too bad Drs. don't put more thought and research into a cure for Fibro!!

After spending so long in the hospital my whole body was in such sad shape. It finally hit me as to why I was in such pain. Ever since I have been in way to much pain. To my sorrow I will probably live with the back pain forever.

That doesn't make me happy, but I also discovered there are other things that can be much worse. I'm happy to see Pati posting more since she had a stroke. I can see progress, although I'm sure it is way too slow for her. Pati dear, I love you and hope you will make progress everyday.

To all others, my love and best wishes and a very happy New Year Jo
                              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X