Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Human Barometers

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

hey JD just wondered how you were doing with spring coming. My barometer here seems to change daily. My trapezius is in a constant knot. Muscling through it though.

I love spring too much not to get out there and stir up the scent of fresh dirt....er mud.

Community Member

I see this is an older thread too - but I hope some of you come back to it because there is a NEW phenomenon going on with the weather that is either MY MISTAKE or "being kept quiet"

- SUPER HIGH BAROMETRIC PRESSURE READINGS.

It could be my mistake - but my good quality home barometer is keeping normal track of the air pressure. Twice now it shot up to HIGH PRESSURES NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

One of those was about a week ago - December 1st, 2013., and a few days before and after. It stayed at 30.55 or higher for almost a week. I have never seen it past about 30.30 or 30.35 before. That might not sound like much, but historical records show readings staying within the 29.70 to 30.30 range for about 100 years.

The only other time was about a year ago - I made notes if anyone wants a specific date I can try to find them.

In case I am reading it wrong, my barometer the needle was pointing at the "3 or 4 o'clock position", but that might not be too scientific.

* I mostly want to confirm if anybody else has seen these super-high readings. ?? *

The bodily effect of the high period was "less Fibro-type pains, but more headaches". The low readings, when wet and cool, are "More fibro" and generally it is the CHANGE that bothers me the most, doesn't matter which direction the Baro is going, up or down. High readings often mean clear skies, and in winter that means cold temperatures, which bother my Fibro pains too, so it is a bit of a mixed bag that way.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Well my gosh, I thought everybody with Fibro had begun to believe their "Drs, saying it's all in your head" so ran off to join the circus. HA

Hi Sher, long time no see. Lil Queenie, been thinking of you and your little family, and hello to everybody else.

I haven't been here too much lately, just hanging out at the hospital. A real Drag!!~ I hardly remember things from 2 yrs. ago, much less what happened yesterday.

OK, enough of the pain that doesn't go away I have more to add to that, but it all has the same meaning. Yeah, Fibro, the catch all disease!!

I've discovered Fibro all over again. the treatment in hospital's leaves a lot to be desired. When I discovered I had COPD, and seizure's from pergutory I finally realized my "ole" problems were still with me, but had not been treated well.

So Sher dear, go ahead and start a thread about the weather and our never ending pain, ok? Good to see you again and sorry the pain level is sky high. My back sympathy and all other pain stuff. Maybe we can find a cure since the doc
    s don't seem to want to.

to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

I have one of those liquid ones and it has actually been overflowing blue liquid down my wall. I don't remember it doing that before.

The weather here in MI has been horrid and now that it has calmed my body has been hurting for tthe last two days. every joint aches and my trapezius and feet are screaming at me. all i want to do is nap, watch movies and eat my christmas bon bons.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hey everybody. Lil queenie, been missing you sumtum awful!! Send me a note and let me know how all are doing. Sher, been missing you too. I feel you fain, dear one. It's too bad Drs. don't put more thought and research into a cure for Fibro!!

After spending so long in the hospital my whole body was in such sad shape. It finally hit me as to why I was in such pain. Ever since I have been in way to much pain. To my sorrow I will probably live with the back pain forever.

That doesn't make me happy, but I also discovered there are other things that can be much worse. I'm happy to see Pati posting more since she had a stroke. I can see progress, although I'm sure it is way too slow for her. Pati dear, I love you and hope you will make progress everyday.

To all others, my love and best wishes and a very happy New Year Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12