Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a Fall - What a Mess!

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Default Took a Fall - What a Mess!

Wednesday, while trying to get into the shower, which is an operation in itself, the ol' knees gave out and down I went. My husband managed to drag me out, lift me into my wheelchair with a hoyer lift and get me to the hosiptal. Two badly sprained ankles and a small fracture. Bedbound, incontinent and doped out on Vicodin is not at all fun. I am not a happy camper and can't imagine what the near future or not so near future holds for me at this point. My turn to ask for prayers.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Oh no, Nuthatch....damn....You poor thing.

I know the laying in the hospital, can't stand and incontinent. It's horrible. I hope you get some PT/OT, while there and get stronger and better soon.

My prayers are being sent up for you at this moment.

Please let us know how you are doing.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How miserable for you!

Bad luck, go away.

Maybe try not to worry about the future. You may be surprised by how much better you're feeling very soon.

I hope so!
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Oh no!

A year ago, I went down when my knee gave out and badly sprained an ankle. Thought for sure I'd broken it by the crunching noises it made when I went down.

The ER doc emphasized the importance of PT after otherwise our ankles quickly are limited in their range of motion. So make sure you keep your ankles wrapped to keep the swelling down and keep rotating your feet round and round to maintain range of motion, also push your feet against a hard surface to start building those muscles back up.

I hope you heal soon. Damn MS! I know how frustrating it can be, just when we least expect it to rear its ugly head. Sending healing thoughts your way. Rest, and try not to worry...better to laugh than cry about this dang journey we're on... We're all in it together.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

So are you still in the hospital or back home with these injuries? And if home, I hope it is with Visiting nurses so you can get the PT and home Health Aid care you need. So sorry you got hurt. I'd like to think this bad event will lead to better changes in how you are cared for or are able to care for your self and things will take a turn for the better. Blessings and heal quickly.

Distinguished Community Member

Joan,

I have said a prayer for you. I hope it helps.

And....Love & Chocolate,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My turn to ask for prayers.
    We are ALL there for you if not in person then in spirit.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I pray for all this board's posters every night but I will add a special prayer for your speedy recovery. Jeanie :)

Community Member

Sorry about the fall nuthatch. Thoughts & Prayers for you. Take care of "you".

so sorry about your fall, nuthatch. i'm reading an interesting book called vibrational medicine, about homeopathy, bach flower remedies, acupuncture meridians, and other subtle energetic healing technologies as well as the indian system and the chakras. in the past, i would be the last person to put credence in these practices, but new measurement devices can detect some of the workings of these techniques. many impressive experiments with healers were described. so, i will be sending healing intentions to you every night, and hope they blanket your hospital room. i know everyone else will, too.

good vibrations,

herodotus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast