Mmmmm Butter Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm Butter Cake

I have never made butter cake before and have only tasted it like twice but I came across this recipe and despite the amount of time it surely looks good. I am going to make some this weekend.

Jeannie I am moving this from your thread. Just felt awkward there to me

butter cake.jpg

Lindsey’s Lick the Plate Butter Cake

Butter Cake

Taken from Teens Cook Dessert
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
    2 c. granulated sugar
    4 eggs
    1/2 t. baking soda
    1 t. baking powder
    1 t. salt
    2 T. vanilla
    1 c. sour Cream
    3 c. all purpose flour

Butter Sauce
    1 c. sugar
    1/4 c. water
    1/2 c. butter
    1 T. vanilla

For the Cake: Heat the oven to 325 degrees and amply grease and flour a bundt pan (or spray coat). In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, adding eggs one at a time, stirring in between each egg. Add the salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add vanilla and beat together on low. Add 1/3 of the flour to the butter mixture and 1/3 of the sour cream and mix together on low. Repeat this process until all of the sour cream and flour have been well incorporated into the batter.

Bake in the oven for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake is soft but bounces back to the touch. While the cake is baking, prepare your sauce…because you will pour the sauce on while the cake is still in the pan and is still cooling.
    For the Sauce: Place the sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. While the cake is still warm, spoon the sauce over the cake, and then allow it to cool completely. run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert the cooled cake on to a serving platter. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

Will someone let me know if the choice of font and size bothers anyone. I know that there are many here who have difficulties with their eyesight and am trying for something more user friendly. Pati I will try to break up and shorten my posts which I am sure will thrill every one lol. Maybe I should start blogging
    Last edited by houghchrst; 03-15-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: needed to run my 'mouth' some more

I've made that quite a few times, it IS really deeelicious.

If you like that try Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... it's out of this world. It won't sit around for long. Except this time I make it I am going to make at least 2 and freeze one.

Comment

Well I made that there butter cake last night and I don't know what I did but while it was delicious it didn't turn out like it was supposed to.

My oven must be a bit too hot cause it got pretty brown on the outside. The batter was almost like cookie dough. I know it is supposed to be a heavy cake I don't think it was supposed to be that heavy. Maybe some fresher ingredients. Less time in the oven. Less time in the mixer?

The butter sauce got absorbed pretty quickly but it had a hard time penetrating very far in the cake so didn't go very far for flavoring. Sooooo I made more butter sauce after I turned it out and took a bamboo skewer and poked holes in the cake and poured the sauce all over the top of it. MMmmmm, now too rich. Well not too but makes better small pieces.

Comment

Yumm!! I was just reading a few things. Now I think I might stop & go make that cake.
        Lorraine (lor)

Comment

To add Rum sounds good.
          Lorraine (lor)

Comment

bet that would but I don't do rum any more lol

Comment

It would have been better if after I took it out I poked a few holes with toothpick & poured a little rum on it. But not too much that someone would get drunk. LOL
              Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Working...
              X