Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touching base

Hello everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I haven't been on for a long time, but am very much still wrapped up in this whole life of pain. Ten years is a long time.

Anesthesia dolorosa is never ending pain....... I try to go on with everyday life, but sometimes it is just pointless. I end up in the dark, crying and trying not to take the narcotics. I don't know why I do, they don't help with the pain. What they do is make me not think about it for a while.

Trigeminal neuralgia is horrible in itself (I know because I suffered with it for 2 years before I had surgery) because you don't know when the pain will hit, but for me this is much worse.

It sometimes feels like something is crawling around in my head, and now I have trouble swallowing, don't know how much more I can take

Hi Bomby and welcome back. I am so sorry things haven't gotten any better for you.

Have you had any experience with deep brain stimulation or any other surgical procedures?

I have read that the complication risk is very high.

Have things changed much since you were here last ? I hope you feel at home here. Glad you stopped in.

Comment

welcome bomby. Oh how I wish there was something that would help you. I gave up after the usual tegretol and other type meds did nothing to stop my hits. I started with two crainial nerves gone woky and then my swallowing started getting difficult. I will admit right now that since I had other things like boone on bone and osteoarthritis and well won't keep listing it all as I hate seeing it in print, kinds defets my determination. anyway long story short doctor told me I would be on pain medicine rest of my life. and that was back in late 90's. but i do get relief and I am oh so thankful. i also get just enough minor jolts to keep me thankful they are like at beginning. (at one point I was on at least 5 or 6 meds at same time ! so smaller dose of stronger stuff was better for me) .

Please keep us informed and I wish you better days ahead.

Comment

Hi Bomby,

I'm sorry that your cure ended up in such pain. It's a serious worry when I think about surgery. My TN is most probably related to having MS and therefore not the best candidate for surgery anyway. Fortunately, I am holding w Tegretol and add on drugs.

Glad you came here. Nice to meet you,
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Bomby, I am so very sorry to hear about your pain. I wish there was something I could add that might help.

I've considered Cyber knife and have gone so far as to make all the appropriate appointments to dscuss it. Would you mind if I ask what kind of surgery you had for TN that caused the AD?

Comment

I was helped with UCC

My TN stopped with Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I had an MVD and 2 rhizotomies with no relief. Upper Cervical Chiropractic stopped it completely and I am off all my pain meds (Tegretol was the main drug, but I used many others). I encourage anyone with TN to first try UCC. It is non-invasive and does not involve any drugs. IMPORTANT - they MUST be certified in order to be assured they know what to do. Here is a list, by state where you can find one near you. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I encourage anyone with TN to try UCC. I wish I had learned about it before any of my surgeries.

msmaggie

Comment

Hi, I am new to the group. I suffer from AD after TN surgery. I have tried meds, stimulation implant and injections to no avale. I am now looking into upper cervical chiropractic.

Comment

Here is a website for UCC

Originally posted by Braylensmommy View Post
                Hi, I am new to the group. I suffer from AD after TN surgery. I have tried meds, stimulation implant and injections to no avale. I am now looking into upper cervical chiropractic.
                I'm glad to read you are considering Upper Cervical Chiro. It is important to find someone who is CERTIFIED in upper cervical. Here is the list of practitioners state by state plus Canada. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

You can also use this site to research info and descriptions of the different techniques, as well as testimonials and published research. I hope you can find someone who will help you. It is not that much money when you consider what we spend on drugs and surgeries.

Comment

Working...
                X