Thread: Radiology Report ?? (scoliosis)

Default Radiology Report ?? (scoliosis)

The report of the radiologist that I requested arrived today. This is what it says:

Upright film:
    "16 degrees levoscolosis measured from T1 to T10." "25 degrees dextroscoliosis measured from T10 to L4."

Supine film:
    "13 degrees levoscoliosis measured from T1 to T10." "17 degrees dextroscoliosis measured from T10 to L4."

The report also states that there is no vertebral anomoly, and that the iliac crest apophyses are ossified but not fused.

Benj also has CP and low bone density. He is 14 and probably still has a couple of inches to grow.

We are going back next month to visit the physiatrist and orthopedist jointly. I think they are going to recommend a brace, which is going to make Benj miserable.

Looking for interpretation of the report or advice on the treatment.

Thanks.

- momster
    Momster, mom to 2 boys: one of whom has CP, NLD, ADD, anxiety disorder, osteopenia/porosis and a few other letters following his name; and married 25 years to a wonderful guy

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

My friend with athetoid CP has this condition. She does a dance/alignment therapy and it helps with her spine issues from what I hear. I don't know if she ever had a brace. If he does need one maybe they could give him one that is less visible and more comfortable.

Distinguished Community Member

Don't know anything about a brace.

If Benj needs to have one we hope that he is not uncomfortable and gets used to it.

Best wishes as always and seeya,

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)