Flaring to the max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaring to the max

Wow I am flaring so bad and I think it is this weather. Yesterday it hit the low 60s and today it is cold and windy. Something about the windy days seems to get me bad and it has been windy here for days. I am sick of this up and down weather, even my hands are puffy and painful. Haven't been this bad in a long time. Owiiiiiiieee.

Is anyone else getting like this this so called winter? Does windy days affect your fibro? The weather changes? Plus all of these atmospheric things are going on thanks to solar flares and the planet alignments etc. Yes sounds wacky but I am a bit of a believer in some of it.

Oouch to the yes, Chrisitina! :ambivalence: I personally AM a Human Barometer. My body does bad stuff a few hours before the real old-fashioned glass barometer moves the water up and down the spout. You should get one, because it makes you feel less crazy in regard to the weather. I don't know if you've ever seen one, but it looks kind of like a sealed glass teapot. Just water and air [and maybe a little ink or food coloring] but that sucker has liquid moving as much as six inches when the pressure is changing. It can overflow! And nobody can look at that and then at you and tell you that you ain't feelin' it! It is right in front of their beady little eyes.

I can't answer about the solar flare because I've never been aware of one before, so I don't know what it's doing or has done other times. I do know that earthquakes anywhere make me crazy. Like panicky and bad dream crazy, want to break the windows crazy.

Of course, you and I more likely feel it in our joints and heads, but today my muscles are on fire from a flare. Hence, I'M SCREAMING A LOT! And of course, I have the big community once-a-year Progressive Dinner coming up on Saturday for which I will likely be a wilted wallflower with glazed eyes and nothing coherent to say and no names remembered. Shall I make a grand entrance and then pass out in my shiny new pewter shoes? Maybe if I sleep for two days straight I can be semi-recovered? Or not???
    Last edited by Beader; 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

I will take 105 day over even a 70 degree day most any time. And yes, we have had plenty of days that were over 100 degrees in my lifetime. My fibro, arthritis, everything does better unless it is my feet and legs, hands swelling if my kidneys, heart etc is messing up and usually they are. At least when it is warmer, I usually do manage to drink more water which makes my health better. But to drink much when it is cold, is really a chore so I slack off and get bad results. always something it seems.

Comment

just noticed the new THANKS button!

Chris,I know the weather affects me bigtime. I do best in the 70's. always cold these days & the damp is bad for everything from head to toe. wind drives me even more bonker's than I already am.

hope you get better real soon Chris & can get out & do some yardwork or at least some planning. I want lots of bright colors this year. passed on buying some pretty pansies today when I recalled how much the deer like to eat them to a stub.

Comment

Joy,

Just a quick suggestion. If you're somebody who is supposed to drink a lot of water [and who isn't these days?], you might try leaving a pitcher out on the counter. I used to do that with my Britta and then I was drinking room temp water which ancient Indian Ayeurvedic medicine claims is better for your body. So you don't get cold cramps in the stomach area since Americans usually like their drinks icy cold.

It's been twenty plus years that I've been walking around all day with a glass of water by my side, and a bottle of it in the car. My big going-out treat is a glass of ginger ale at the restaurant since you never know what THEIR water might taste like. :p
          Sher
          My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

Well shucks, I'm going crazy with this "thanks" botton! My answer is YES to all those questions too, lil queenie!! Poor baby. You're way too young to have all this hurting going on.
            All of my ailments have been worse since fall. I thought it was just me getting so old, but then I thought again I shouldn't hurt everywhere like this cause I ain't 90 years old yet!!
            I have found that those windy day's are hard to take. that was a new flare starter for me, but I've noticed it more and it can not be pushed under the rug! I can hear the wind blowing like crazy and Ken won't even notice it, but he does notice when I am all bent over and when I try to talk I am in tears. He mentioned it last night. I tried to get quieter, but my chair was too far away. He is hurting so very bad with the Shingles I was ashamed to complain. If he notices it enough to say something, it's gotta be bad.

may God bless everyone of you and touch that flaring pain.

I love you all, Jo
            Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
            'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

seriously I hurt so bad I can barely function. and I blame it 100% on the weather. in the 40's,down to 30's at night. and it's snowed 3 times since March 1st! not to mention wind,hail.....yada yada.

my housemate actually asked me one day if I felt okay. that was weird. he finally noticed me? ha! I never complain to him,if he can't SEE how I walk why should I discuss anything with him? he'll just forget in a few minute's anyways!

I cannot tolerate phone calls with my mom anymore. she claims she felt great when she was in her 60's. I know better! says her dad was always in excellent health into his 80's. the man was so crippled up with severe RA he could barely move. says my dad is in perfect health when he's in pain I cannot imagine from the shingles. I know she's obviously deluded but it drives me nuts to hear this total crap & makes me wonder what planet she's on these days?

Comment

Pati I am so sorry about your mom. I know it must be hard to listen to. Her memory is obviously very selective and not very good. Yes seems the same funky weather has been working it's way across the country. I think it only seriously snowed 3 or 4 times. Lots of rain and wind.

Jo yes the wind has been terrible
                and constant. Well except for yesterday when we decided to get the kites out in the yard, it was early evening when suddenly the wind decides to calm with unpredictable gusts and we are out there in the side yard looking like a bunch of fools lol. The little neighbor girl who just wasn't getting the whole using the wind to get it up and ya gotta run into the wind science stuff just kept blissfully running all over trying to get it to fly. It would get up for maybe a second and then take a nose dive so every time she yelled, yay! I'm doing it, by the time I looked it was bouncing nose first across the grass LOLOL. Poor thing she was having a blast so I just let it go and left the three kids out there to play. Too much for me.

Sher I tell ya I have a glass of water as a constant companion also. I always have. That's the way it was with my mom so we all grew up friends of water. My SO hates drinking water. Some kind of bacteria phobia LOLOL, I laugh cause when I asked him about he says ya never know what is in there. It use to have poop in it. Nice huh?! Real classy. He would be perfectly happy to drink pop everyday all day long and practically does.

Joy no heat for me, when it starts reaching 80 and above I melt and will actually start to get sick. Migraines, faint, nauseated. I love in the 70's with a hair pushing breeze and big puffy white clouds.

I am one big mass of pain today. Takes me a good 10-15 seconds once I put my feet on the floor to get upright and make all the hurting joints moving together so that they resemble some sort of a hobble into motion. My pain meds are only taking off the edge so that I can get a few things done. Worked to get all of my garden stuff ready yesterday and man do I hurt. Even my scratching an itch hurts. So today it is a bit overwhelming and I have spent the better part of the day here babbling away lol

Comment

Well lil queenie, the wind kills me.Have to wear mask if I plan to breath. This house is not closed up tight beings it is older than dirt, like me. I feel the wind comming in everywhere and those days I can hardly move!

today, I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. Actually I don't know WHEN I felt comfortable.

When I was at the Drs. Monday he was in my face. He said" you look tired"!! Don't think I've ever had a Dr. tell me I looked tired. I asked him what he said cause I didn't think I heard him right. I then told him I looked that way cause I WAS tired!! Bless his little Jordaneun heart. Scuse the spelling, too tired to look it up.

I'm even asking Mr. Jo how he felt before he got the Shingles. I know I don't have them, but it is awful to feel so bad and hurt every little bit of me. I must be in the 80's today and the wind is blowing.

Back on Prednisone and that has the coughing going big time. He said my chest was tight. If so it is the only thing about me that is tight. The rest of me is flabby skin.

I could be much worse off, I know. I've been thinking about poor Kat. I am worried about that girl. I wish her daughter would get her and take her to her house!!

To be an imaginary issue, Fibro sure does a # on the poor souls who suffer from it. Maybe its time to get another imaginary shot to make it stop hurting!
                  Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Comment

where did my post go? It took too much already out of me and now it just "POOF" and now it's gone. I Know I saw it.

Guess I'm seeing things now. Poor Kat. I am mega worried about her. She said her Dr. said she wasn't hallusanating(?), that ir wasn't her and she wasn't going crazy. He told her some things to do before she left. I won't post them here, but I hope so soon. Bless her!

Well, all this pain is getting to me so I'm gonna go.

everybody I pray all will feel better soon.

my love, Jo
                    Last edited by Jo6; 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM.

for my brother Ben

Comment

Eeeekkk

it came back!!!! Now I know I am already over the edge.

I better go take a nap!

for my brother Ben

Comment

wow i realised i have not gotten up yet. to chatty for own good and today is day we pick up grand daughter. so i just erased it faster than correcting it.
                        Last edited by joy; 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Chris, Pati, & Jo,

I hope the beasties are behaving better than they are at my house. I switched back to my previous GP & she gave my some vicodin to try, thank the goddesses or I would be out of my mind right now! It must be another weather front moving thru. Bones and muscles both hurt.

I'm gonna find that blog about Allodynia and all the strange complaints that come along with it for you guys to read. I have my doubts about the razor-sharp pain of walking on grass or even standing next to it in your shoes, but I should keep my mouth shut or next it'll be happening to me. Ditto the lady who can't stand to touch cardboard or brown paper bags.

Ooo ack! Just had a damn stink bug crawling up my leg & I thought it was cat whiskers! YUCK!

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                          Her previous two days' blogs were also about Allodynia with plenty of weird responses, so check them out.
                          Last edited by Beader; 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM.
                          Sher

Comment

Thanks for the sites on CFS, Sher. Aren't we something else I say, I've got to go lay down and try to nap, maybe pain will ease.

We have thunder storms rumbling thru and it sounds like it is getting closer. It is also hot today.

I'm sorry for always grumbling. I will say ditto to all above post. that about covers it all!!

love y'all, Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

Ooo, Jo, just grumble away. I don't think I can make it thru a single day w/out grumbling. Fortunately, only my cat has to hear about it and she's thinking about mounting a protest campaign. Either that or she's juggling the twist ties I leave all over the floor for her to play with.

When I went to the new doc [ENT] yesterday, he said they did call some people Human Barometers back in med school & he's older than I am! So I guess there's few old codgers left on the circuit. He basically said the same thing as the allergist -- rip up your carpets & put down wood flooring & while you're at it, get a sinus CAT scan. He proclaimed that it made a huge difference at his own house. 'Cept there's that little thing called Money... Come to think of it, I've never lived in a house w/ wood floors and not wall-to-wall carpeting. My mother even installed 70s shag at the beach house because linoleum right over the cement slab is actually pretty icky. :ambivalence:
                              Sher

Comment

Working...
                              X