Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another Beta

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

My mom said that when she made her forays down to Mississippi that along the some of the local highways they had goats eating the flora to keep the growth down. I though 'what a great idea'. Though with how big my yard is I would prolly need more than one goat lol.

Distinguished Community Member

I've done some research about goats. not as easy to care for as one might think. since gas is over $4.gal here and my housemate has FIELDS he mows, I'm back to nagging about goats. they eat blackberries which is a big reason people hire herds of them to clear underbrush around here. the owner's of these businesses have movable fences for their herds & someone there to keep an eye on them. only takes a few hours to clear alot of space.

they are too cute! neighbor's have a pair. years ago they had one that came over to visit but I never got close to it.

that's interesting about how the Betta's mate.

we have a strange cat that's eating cat food here @ night. my little doggie went ballistic the other day when this cat tried to come inside during the day. sooooooo,now back to putting a litter box in the house so the cat window can be closed @ night. I hate this idea cause I'm the one that has to keep it clean & catch my dog before she helps herself to the poop!

pets keep life interesting eh?
    Last edited by Buttons2; 03-11-2012 at 10:51 AM.

hubby spent about $20 for a book on goats. I knew they smelt bad at times and after reading just some of that book, I know why. eerks it has to do with their mating urges I suspect and they urniate on themselves best I could tell and as easy as I know how to say it.

I also know that grands other grandparents took two grown ones back to the sale. And LOL the next time they went to same said sale, those same two goats were back to be sold. Best I can tell is yes, they do keep growth down that is reason hubby started wanting goats but I also am suspecting that there is a lot to be taken into account before just getting goats and hoping it will work out. Like I said, very expensive vet bill from just one goat eating something a person would never dream of an animal eating!

I know they have their good qualities most likely, I am just not sure I really need any of the good or bad at this time myself. I am at a point I don't feel like being responsible for much more of anything, n other words. Might be just the perfec animal for someone else, I am just pretty sure it's not for me.

eek I'd have panicked if I had seen that poor miserable goat with its great big stomach and near death after it ate that big plastic covering over their shelter.

And just in case I have not told yet, my blue betta did eat and I saw it. Yeah, so it must be getting use to my shadow or else it was extremly hungry. Just good to know it does eat.

For my records. I purchased the red & blue male betta on May 7, 2012. I have not put him in the tank yet because hubby has not made the divider. The blue male is so aggressive that he kept flaring at the new one even tho he was in his container that he was purchased in. I was floating it in the heated water to help him stay warm.

If his fins were as long and jagged as the blue one he would be so awesome. But his colors are bt far the best so each is special in their own way. The red one is the easiest going one and also the oldest. Nothing much causes him to flare in fact.

Daughter was with me and toigether we decided on the one to buy.
    Last edited by joy; 05-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Joy I am so glad to hear you got yourself another Betta. Maybe even though they don't get along together they will glad for the company lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12