Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT March Chit Chat

it really is March ? seems Febuary flew by,, oh well that much closer to spring,,

so hows it going ? its going here. been searching the web, for sweetbread recipes,{sweetbread, a beef delicacy}, my neighbor wants it,,, I have found loads of them,, printed off a few,,

I am doing ok,, went thru a relapse last night,, with made me mad, it happened, Joe was my hero again,, he worries more then me at times,,

so stay safe, and don't take any wooden nickels,,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

[B]:) Wow Peg are you on the ball! Hi everyone.

My son told me yesterday all about my paramedic/hospital weekend. Apparently I was out of it pretty much as I only remember part of it. He said I talked the doctors ear off and wanted him to release me, which he finally did. Also the last time I fell he said he and David had to get my panties and pajamas up before they could help me up. That is super embarassing.

Maybe I am lucky I had a 104.3 fever and was not aware of everything or I would have been mortified. After hearing all about my five falls and all David and my sons had to do for me I can understand why they were so worried. My sister, a nurse told them maybe I had a stroke. The doctor said it could be my MS and I was even worried about that when I was lucid.

I am happy to be able to stand up and feel strong again, that was awful. I recall the paramedic saying that if you can't get her up and she keeps falling she needs to go to the nursing home. That scared me more but I was powerless to do anything about it.

I'm glad y'all are here. Jeanie :)

[/B]

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeanie, I read your post and gave a huge sigh of relief when I found out you're still alive and kicking. Talk about taking a beating--you've had enough beatings and now it's time for some better days. Hope you can keep on standing up all right and the fever has left.

Peg, I've had sweetbread many years ago. They were presented as a delicacy. Later on I found out what it really is.

Snow on the ground here and I have an appointment to go to.

Here it is March and I'm ready for spring.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I'm celebrating March with a new Signature Picture. Spring is on the way.

Peg, sorry to hear about your relapse, hope you are feeling better.:o

Jeanie, having just had an unwanted trip to the hospital, I feel your angst, bewilderment and embarrassment..

Hi Agate.:o
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Hi All, well I can see that there has been good news and bad.

Jeanie so glad you are better. What a nightmare you have been going through and still are. Even when I don't get on here I keep you and David in my prayers. When my husband was diagnosed with cancer I talked to him within the first two days and told him that no matter what happened not to shut me out. I was afraid he would try to protect me. I told him that would be the one thing that would hurt me the most and that we needed to face it together. I was glad I had that conversation. We did share it all - the bad and the ugly and I am thankful for that. I remember how David has always been there for you, and I know he is just caught in a very bad situation now. He has got to be very worried about himself but also you.

Gary, glad you are doing well again. So nice to hear as you also have your share of problems.

Cherie, sounds like your David is coming along with a little help from others. It is a blessing that your MS is not giving you much trouble right now.

Ann, those chocolates sound really good.

Sally, like your new sign off. You sound chipper, but then you always do. You are amazing.

Peg, sorry you had a bit of a relapse, but with your hubby taking care of things it really does help. You will be out and about and this will be a distant memory in no time.

Last week I read 3 books in 6 days. This week I am doing some work for the people that I work for. Even though we no longer have an office they are still doing a little work from their homes. I go into Quick Books on line and the checking account and things like that and I take what they have done and transfer it to my accounting program. I closed out the books for 2011 and turned it over to the Accountant who does the taxes, then I will get them back to complete everything.

I am a little sad. I think I had mentioned that two of my neighbors were moving. Well, actually one did last summer, and now the other one just sold her house, so she is leaving next month. She is moving to Atlanta to be with her daughter. Since they are the two that I ran around with (especially the one that left last summer) I am feeling rather blue. I find it harder to make new friends now that I am older, but mostly now that I am disabled. I hate meeting someone and then having to say that I cannot do so many things that they can.

I am hoping for a little bright spot. I am having new window treatments made for my living and dinning rooms. They should be in and hung between the middle and last of this month.

I am glad that I enjoy reading. I really do get involved in a book and the time just goes by. However, I sometime get too involved and don't get around to doing some things that I plan to do.

Talk to all of you later,
    Virginia
    Virginia

Peg you had better take it slowly..............

March started out as a lion. We woke up to 2 inches of snow this is more snow than we have had at once all winter. Had a checkup today and Dr is going to shoot my knee with cortisone in a week and a half as we have our family vacation at the end of the month.

Virginia I don't think there is anything quite like a good book.

Sally think spring!!

Jeanie I think that is the minds way of dealing a traumatic event. You are not suppose to remember a serious illness.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Oh, Jeanie. Man...So sorry. And I think Gary has it right...it is the way to deal with a traumatic event...(David's Cancer and treatment). Cold is back full force for the past three days. We had another friend with MS (my age) die of complications of aspiration pneumonia three days ago.

My new car is in the body shop after being hit be debris in the wind on the way to NH last weekend. New windshield and hood repair. No one hurt. I have a rental Corolla in the interim.

David seems to be doing better every day. And as a result, I am relaxing more and my routine is normalizing.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A relapse, Peg? Sorry I missed that. Sorry it's happening too. Do you suppose the stress of the surgery triggered it?

Virginia,
    I am a little sad. I think I had mentioned that two of my neighbors were moving. Well, actually one did last summer, and now the other one just sold her house, so she is leaving next month. She is moving to Atlanta to be with her daughter. Since they are the two that I ran around with (especially the one that left last summer) I am feeling rather blue. I find it harder to make new friends now that I am older, but mostly now that I am disabled. I hate meeting someone and then having to say that I cannot do so many things that they can.
    I'm sorry your two closest friends have moved away. I agree that it's harder to make friends when you're disabled. Sad but all too true.

On the health front, a while back I posted about increasing my vitamin D intake to 3,000 IU a day. Now the doctor wants it increased to 5,000 IU. The comment on the report was: "Vitamin D is normal but dropping on current dose."

I just got back from my re-evaluation for eligibility for the paratransit lift-equiped van and that went well. They measured and weighed the wheelchair and asked me a few questions. They had the doctor's report in front of them.

Getting there and back and going through the procedure took over 3 hours but was well worth it. I'm OK for transportation for 3 years.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

some figures show as high as 90% as having relapses as a result of surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    some figures show as high as 90% as having relapses as a result of surgeries.

I agree wholeheartedly with Cherie's statement. Any type of procedure is going to throw me into a flare. It does not seem to matter what it is. A colonoscopy or having teeth pulled will set it off. If it is something that requires me to be sedated it is a 100% chance of some type of flare. I (and my Dr) just plan on it and deal with it as necessary. Sometimes it will require IVSM some times a few days of oral 'roids. Sometimes complete bed rest and fluids will do it. Okay not very often.

I remember after my last flare caused by having oral surgury Cherie posted " I had hoped that your oral surgery would not cause a flare. But I suspected that it would". Funny thing was I had never made the connection and mention it to my wife and she said "well duh it usually does" Sometimes it takes close friends and family to point out that the answer is right in front of you.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast