MM and chronic pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM and chronic pain

Deleted in the interests of Harmony and the fact that you never know who is watching.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Not suitable

Alex, No one is completely anonymous on these boards, despite what may be thought. I think few folks are going to openly admit their usage or true feelings on a public forum. It may be legal in AZ but certainly is not in alot of states. Diandra

Comment

Diandra - You are so right - It is a shame. I was hoping might use ancedotal stories or perhaps lins but You are right - Everybody watches everyone now, The Gov intercepts our phone calls - Thank you for calling attention to this - I will delete the post.
      Again
      Thank you
      I think my brain was out to lunch - and for the record I DO NOT smoke but i do advocte for personal liberties
      Blessings
      Alex44
      Skypilot

Comment

Alex and Diandra it is a shame that we can't post anything we want that pertains to CP but I do know the fear that exost on open forums. To all the do gooders wanting gov't to make things safe for us this is one of the unintended consequences and I fear we all suffer as a result. So many that don't have experience with MJ especially how it pertains to CP would benefit from a free exchange of ideas and experiences. There has been so much misinformation out on it by the gov't and others that many of us don't have an accurate picture of benefits and SE from its use. Some day we may have the freedom to speak openly about MJ as it applies to CP but I know today isn't the time.
        1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
        2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Thank You mark for what I was having trouble on how to say. It is a shame we cannot have an honest discussion of views - no one need "out" themselves but even that can be problematic these days. Big brother IS watching - they tap our phone lines - google secret rooms in telephone companys - you might be surprized. GPS devices secretly attached to your car and the Gov't wants them in ALL cars - MADD wants an in-car intoxilizer in ALL cars - Where does it stop?
          Blessings
          Alex44

Comment

Too bad we can't share our experinces (or lack therof) with MMJ. MMJ is legal in CA, and sometimes it's easy to forget that it's not yet legal in every state. For the record, I think it would make a great discussion, but I totally understand peoples' fears about speaking about MMJ on a public message board. I am curious to know whether MMJ works and for which pain syndromes, even though our evidence on this board would only be anecdotal. I have seen people post their experiences with MMJ on other medical forums, so I personally wasn't afraid to share my experience with it.

Anyway, Alex, I am a libertarian on drug issues, so you and I probably share some of the same philosophies. As I said in an earlier post, I would NEVER want to deny MMJ to people for whom it works. Sadly, it doesn't work for everyone, but what drug does? We are all so different in our individual responses to various medications.

Best Wishes,
            Eva

Comment

I have a real problem with the lack of freedom of speech. I believe in the Costitution
              of the United States and the Declaration of Independence.

I don't see the problem with talking about and debating the use of MMJ for health
              problems. We should speak ours minds and be willing to let the chips fall where they
              may. Ours options on whether we tried it or not, if it worked or not, if you are not
              selling it illegally we should not be in fear of government. I live in a state that MMJ
              is not legal. I do not use it nor do I sell it. But I do believe that I can talk about it's
              use all we want. Nothing is going to stop my freedom of speech. I will use my words
              kindly and with respect but it can be discussed.

It they want to arrest me fine, at least my medical problems will be
              covered and I get the healthcare I need if I am in jail. I am to old to worry about
              what they may or may not do to me for speaking my option.

So with that I will say, I was in my teens and twenties in the 60's and 70's I smoked
              then and all it did was make me hungry or munchies as we called it. So why do it, I
              did not want to get fat then so I didn't keep smoking. I tried it again about four years
              ago. (Government is so ignorant if they think MJ is not readily available in any state
              legal or not.) It did help with my pain but I had the munchies so bad I could not
              stop eating. Now that I am in my older in years I am overweight and gaining weight
              is bad for my health as everything else. So in my situation MMJ is a catch 22 good
              and bad. So I decided for myself not to use MJ.

Comment

Sandra, thanks for sharing your experience with MMJ.

My personal experience was this: I tried MMJ for my chronic pain. It really didn't help my pain much. For me, the side effects were overwhelming. I think that I am VERY sensitive to the effects of MMJ. Other people laugh and get the munchies, but MJ just puts me to sleep and makes me feel stupid. It wasn't a good feeling at all.

I know that MMJ helps others, and I am happy for that.

Eva

Comment

Thank You everyone, it is refreshing to get differant points of view - that was all i was asking - i hope some other people will post ancedodal evidence either way.
                  Blessings for everyone and praying everyone is doing as best they can.
                  Alex44
                  Skypilot

Comment

I have never used drugs or alcohol of any type until using prescription medication for CP but I do like hearing about the realities of MJ because I see so many of our prescription medicines becoming impossible to get or difficult to get our doctors to provide adequate pain relief for us. I have no real experience with MJ other than to be around people at concerts or parties that were using so I don't understand what effect it has on pain or feelings of well being except by talking to people that have used it.

I have changed my opinion about the legalization of it and think our country and law enforcement would be better off with it legalized and regulated. I do know from teaching and coaching inner city kids that many blacks see it as their alcohol and the only reason it is illegal is because blacks use it. Of course that isn't true but from their perspective it appears that way. There is just so much more real info to get out because it has been demonized for so long we don't really know the full implications of using MJ. Since most people smoke it how big a risk is lung cancer or is there a better way to get the results without smoking it.

Those of us that care about this research it enough to know what legalization would really entail but there are many in this country that just associate it with heroin, meth, LSD, etc. Maybe one day we can openly talk about the pain reduction so we can decide if the meds we are using have less SE or if we would be better off with the SEs of MJ.
                    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
                    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Hi Alex, how are you? ??

This is an interesting topic, even if we can't spell out what we are referring to ... I just want to add here that MM is supposedly legal now in my state, but the current govenor, being very dominating and conservative, has been putting all sorts of roadblocks in the way of these legal stores trying to open anywhere in the state. The bill legalizing this was one of the last thing that our last govenor did; too bad it's not moving forward the way it should be...

Maybe someday.....
                      My avatar is of my daughter, Andrea, who we lost in a fire on 1/18/11

** Hx of an L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in April 2002 and taking daily pain meds;
                      ** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Comment

Jaquie - Good to hear from you. I am in Arizona and OUR Govenor tried the same S... - She took it to court and lost - it was voted in by the votors - supposedly they are moving full speed ahead and hope to have Dispenseries open by July - We'll see. I am glad you are and your husband are doing well - Me and my S/O are doing as well as can be expected, we have good days and bad, the weather changes are the worst. i mentioned before, my S/O has quit smoking - I quit fifteen years ago so i know what she went through - cold turkey - I am SO Proud of her. Hopefully, the legal situation in your state will straighten out and it will be legal for medical patients, at least. The day will come when it is like beer or wine - Legal all the way. I have done a lot of research and it does work for some - I personally do not smoke at present - 30-40 yrs ago - you never know.
                        Good luck
                        Blessings
                        Alex44
                        Skypilot

Comment

Alex and Jacquie, I agree that it needs to be legalized although for years I didn't think so. The way prices are going despite promises to the contrary, that is far as I am going on this, MJ maybe the cheapest way to treat pain for those that it works for. Inflation, in fact maybe massive inflation, is coming around the corner with all the spending and deficits so I worry about the cost of our pain treatment going up so high that those of us on fixed incomes won't have much choice. Oh well I deal with today and will figure things out as the change in the future.

Comment

Hey Alex, I did not mean to make you delete the post...I just wanted to remind you that folks may be a careful about airing their trues views
                            on a public forum. It is a very interesting topic and I am not paranoid, just careful. Look what Google has now done with saving of everything
                            we key in for our Google searches.....where is THAT info going? Some folks are so ignorant about the info they type into a computer. It NEVER
                            goes away...I was programmer for systems....the data is stored and can be accessed for decades. At companies, the emails that go back and forth
                            are monitored for certain words so if you have a work romance and you are married and flirting with the person in the next office,
                            don't go emailing about clandestine meetings. Remember, the computer and software are the property of the company you work for,
                            not your property so these companies are not doing anything wrong. One time one of the idiot programmers at my company casually said to me, what is
                            a nice Italian girl like you doing with a password like "shamrock"....I said, why is it any of your business and why do you know
                            my password, ...he said, just joking, in IS, we have to monitor all passwords for profanity, etc. And this was years ago so I am sure
                            their is way more scrutiny now. When I see the things kids text each other and all this sexting, I just cringe. I had to sit a teenage nephew
                            down and educate him that all the stuff on his facebook page can be seen by teachers, potential colleges, employers and it was
                            not just out there to entertain his friends. He was so clueless he was shocked I had seen his page.
                            Alex, the topic is a good one, really. I truly did not mean to rain on your good idea.
                            Diandra

Comment

Thank You, Diandra

For your kind words. You did raise some valid points and as I said, you don't know who is watching. Fortunately, I have gotten a lot of good feedback before I pulled it - I would NEVER want anyone to out themselves and some pain doc's DO follow this board as well as gosh knows who else, It would not surprize me if the DEA checked us out. Anyway, thank you, to each his/her own. from the feedback. for some it works - for others, not. I simply believe that for mmj, It should be up to the individual, NOT the government. In this era of shortages, I read where one state where it is legal, collected 11 MILLION in tax money - think of all the people that money could help. Take care and I hope this finds you well as as pain free as you and yours can be.
                              Blessings
                              Alex44
                              Skypilot

Comment

Working...
                              X