Thread: OT: Time to publish some music, including the famous 'twinkle variations' text help.

Distinguished Community Member

Thumbs up OT: Time to publish some music, including the famous 'twinkle variations' text help.

G'day neuro buddies.

My news is that I am now getting back to serious music publishing.

My first publication will be a fascimile score of a piano piece that I wrote at the height of my kidney illness way back in 1973. At the time I remember a doctor saying to me that I could feel euphoric because of all the drugs I was on. I wonder if this euphoria helped me compose.

Anyway, the book is now almost ready to be published, but I need your observations about the wording on the back cover.

Here is the text. We can reduce the wording but we can't add more words.

For those wordsmiths out there, please respond and by all means change the grammar and puncuation, and make any and all suggestions that you like.

Paul Copeland was born in Melbourne in 1947. In 1969 he became a composition student of Felix Werder.

Paul has had his music performed in the Great Hall of the National Gallery Victoria. Some of his pieces have been recorded and broadcast by the ABC radio. The ensemble Australia Felix took some of his compositions on tour of Europe.

In 1980 members of The Australian Ballet School performed his work Multitudinalpolychromatic Transformations. He has been a recipient of a composition grant given by the Music board of the Australia Council of the Arts. Paulís artistic output is not confined to music. He has written four books about computers. He was awarded a commendation for a computer art print in the worldís first international computer art competition in 1985.

In 1975 Paul presented a concert of his music Copeland presents Copeland at the Assembly Hall, Collins Street. Quoting from the program.: ď As the avant garde scene is in some ways a parallel musical culture, it is fairly obvious that the fashionable concert promotion and its 19th century memories are not suited to Paul Copelandís creativity. This accounts perhaps for the composerís apparent lack of exposure.Ē This publication of an early work is a facsimile of the original handwritten score. We are in the process of publishing more of Paulís compositions as well as works of other Australian composers.

Editor of australianmusicpublications.con, February 201

I want to finalise the back cover as soon as possible, so get cracking with your editorial suggestions. And yes, the title Multitudinalpolychromatic Transformations is correct. No spelling mistakes there :)

I plan also publishing my 'twinkle, twinkle little star' piano variations, which has the variations dedicated to the neuro kiddos, but one thing at a time.

Hope to hear from the wordsmiths soon :)

Paul, this time on behalf of Paul :)
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

The ensemble Australia Felix took some of his compositions on tour of Europe. ??? is the ensemble called "australia felix"? maybe use comma to separate?...

Editor of australianmusicpublications.con, .com??? February 201...2012???

The only other comment I can make since I do not know if there are other pertinent details that should be highlighted...is that the order of events is out of order 1980, 1985, 1975. Maybe that is purposeful but it struck me so I am mentioning it.

Nice.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Paul))))))

I added punctuation (particularly commas after dates, such as, "In 1969,") and altered sentence structure, as well as paragraphing.

Paul Copeland was born in Melbourne in 1947. In 1969, he became a composition student of Felix Werder.

Paul's music has been performed in the Great Hall of the National Gallery Victoria. Some of his pieces have been recorded and broadcast by the ABC radio. The ensemble, Australia Felix, toured Europe featuring some of his compositions.

In 1980, members of The Australian Ballet School performed Paul's work, Multitudinalpolychromatic Transformations.

Paul received a composition grant from the Music Board of the Australia Council of the Arts in (date).

Paulís artistic output is not confined to music. He has written four books about computers. In the worldís first international computer art competition in 1985, he was awarded a commendation for a computer art print he created.

In 1975, Paul performed a concert of his music, Copeland Presents Copeland, at the Assembly Hall, Collins Street. Quoting from the program: ďAs the avant garde scene is in some ways a parallel musical culture, it is fairly obvious that the fashionable concert promotion and its 19th century memories are not suited to Paul Copelandís creativity. This accounts perhaps for the composerís apparent lack of exposure.Ē

This publication of an early work is a facsimile of the original handwritten score. We are in the process of publishing more of Paulís compositions, as well as works of other Australian composers. (Paul ~ Is this part of the above quote? Or is this an explanation by the publisher of your current book?)

Editor of australianmusicpublications.com, February 201?

I also wondered about the dates being out of sequence.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Luck!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Community Member

Yeah what they said.
    Carrie mom to Amanda my new angel 12-29-07.NO LONGER DXD Multicystic Encephalomalcia, Acryptic CAH, Loved to watch mtv hits, wrestling, 3 stooges, Andy Griffith and Spongebob Square pants.

And Josh 21 year old brain.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Commas kill me everytime lol

Omitting a comma after a month-day-year date

A complete date (consisting of a month, day, and year) requires a comma after the day and after the year.
    She left the bank in Paris on July 1, 2008, for a job in Teller, Alaska.
    Remember: If thereís a comma before the year, put a comma after the year.

Including a comma between a month and year

If youíre writing just a month and year (without a day), donít separate them with a comma. And donít include a comma after the year.
    Her daughter April may return in June 2009 for the reunion.