Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: hard to believe Web site about our pain also banned medications

Distinguished Community Member

Alex, I agree with you and with the liberals in control right now I can't trust them on their regulations and restrictions.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

On MM, I have been watching those shows on TV following Colorado legal dispensories and they are beginning to lose legislation. They are getting a huge backlash from the communities and they are being voted out. Plus the Federal Government ties them in with a tax issue that does not allow them to write off their normal business expenses and they will not be able to afford to stay in business. We are going through a tough time with meds right now and I do believe if we can weather the storm, it will be easier on the other side like it was years ago. It may be another 4 years but it will eventually settle down.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Dx: Cancer(stage 3 Melanoma), Sarcoidosis, Chronic Kidney Stones, Endometriosis(post hysterectomy), DDD, Fibromyalgia Raynards, Hypermobility Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Hypothyroidism, TMJ, Neuromas, PTSD, Coccydynia

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Steve, my Son had Reye's syndrome, he was given aspirin in day care when he was coming down with chicken pox, what you say is true, we almost lost him, he is well today and has no deficits from the horrible illness...let me say he was very lucky...we were told he could go into a coma, die, and the least chance we had was he would come out of this okay...this was three neurologst. So IMO you are very right about aspirin and small children , little was known about this 40 years ago now it should be kept in a parents mind that aspirin is off limits , other options should be given for fever and pain.I am so happy you mentioned this, thanks....Ging

Distinguished Community Member

boxlover, I sure hope you are right about it getting better if we can weather this storm. I don't look forward to my life the next twenty years or more [I hope] being made more painful because meds I have used for years become hard to find.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Hi all - I am thinking you are in the USA, right>? Anyway, similar stuff is going down in Canada too - they want to reduce prescriptions for pain meds, and it hasallready started. Big shortages, people hurting, maybe dying...

My doc said he might be forced to reduce my morphine - after 20 years on it, that will be difficult... I mighthave to go to Mexico or Thailand to survive.

New Community Member

Mark N. - wow, you're still here! Hi, it's Karri.

Anyway, I just read the 5 signs of addiction and NONE of them apply to me and my doctor being out for the next 4 months, his replacement just cut my norco back and told me I was addicted. Before I left, he actually called me a drug addict! AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

So, I hope your Soc Sec went ok. I've been going 7 years and no request for a review. I guess 4 back surgeries and how severe they were made them put me on the permanent pile. Hope they put you there, too. Nothing worse than being told you could work when you're in our condition!

Karri

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234